British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2022

13 minutes ago, Edin03 said:

With the Eastbourne match expunged from averages I’ve calculated our 3 current Aussies as follows:

Sam 9.36 (-0.05)

Josh 8.34 (-0.00)

Kye 5.13 (-0.38) 

Nice try.  Sam is actually 9.41, Kye 5.46.  Your figure of 8.34 for Joshie is correct.

I suspect folk are forgetting to add the two meetings at the beginning of the rolling averages back in, when deducting Eastbourne results....

Edited by crescent girl
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Nice try.  Sam is actually 9.41, Kye 5.46.  Your figure of 8.34 for Joshie is correct.

I suspect folk are forgetting to add the two meetings at the beginning of the rolling averages back in, when deducting Eastbourne results....

I used the 20 league matches, did wonder about Kye’s dropping off so much though

2 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Leicester fan here, Are guys gutted or not bothered about Richie leaving for the lions? 

If he’d stayed then great but it’s not the end of the world. He was great round Armadale but was a bit iffy away from home too often.

It all depends who we get in to replace him. If for example we persuaded Cook back and managed to fit him, Sam, Josh and Kye in without a ridiculously long tail then Richie will be a distant memory! 

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

If he’d stayed then great but it’s not the end of the world. He was great round Armadale but was a bit iffy away from home too often.

It all depends who we get in to replace him. If for example we persuaded Cook back and managed to fit him, Sam, Josh and Kye in without a ridiculously long tail then Richie will be a distant memory! 

That's fair enough mate. Saw Richie down at Leicester this year and did well enough I think. Your top 3 should be strong again especially if cook returns. Sam masters is one of the best I've seen down at Leicester .

25 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Leicester fan here, Are guys gutted or not bothered about Richie leaving for the lions? 

He was a powerhouse at Armadale. Gutted HOW he left. As I said on Leicester forum verbally agreed to sign for us and then did a deal with lions. Our promotion found out from a third party. Miss his contribution at home. Was poor at Glasgow. If Cookie came back would be great but think he will be back at Tiggers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Just popped on here to see the latest.  Personally not overly surprised to see RW jump ship and head back to ride for the celebrated master tactician in Lion country.  Of our top four I did feel  that he was probably the likeliest to leave and indeed was only included on one of my '22 team sheets for that reason. Have to add that this is one of my very few predictions so far that have come to pass.  Sadly, from what I have read on here, the circumstances of his departure appear to have been "unfortunate"- which is always a useful euphemism to use in these kind of situations.  Am sure that our trusty management duo will now have things well in hand to provide the Monarchs faithful with a competitive and exciting team for 2022 - with possibly at least one unexpected surprise ( they usually do ).

Did well for Edinburgh who were probably worst affected by the farce that was rising stars, yet Monarchs still made the play offs and cup final. It's probably a boon to the team allowing a more balanced line up this time around. Dunno where the Cook dreams are coming from & i would be surprised if the Norwegian comes over as his stock has fallen in the 2 years since he was signed.

Be interesting to see which improvers Edinburgh can sign - unearth.

2 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Just popped on here to see the latest.  Personally not overly surprised to see RW jump ship and head back to ride for the celebrated master tactician in Lion country.  Of our top four I did feel  that he was probably the likeliest to leave and indeed was only included on one of my '22 team sheets for that reason. Have to add that this is one of my very few predictions so far that have come to pass.  Sadly, from what I have read on here, the circumstances of his departure appear to have been "unfortunate"- which is always a useful euphemism to use in these kind of situations.  Am sure that our trusty management duo will now have things well in hand to provide the Monarchs faithful with a competitive and exciting team for 2022 - with possibly at least one unexpected surprise ( they usually do ).

Feel they can’t afford to gamble too much on more than 1 untried rider in the UK. Does Mark Riss still ride?

11 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Feel they can’t afford to gamble too much on more than 1 untried rider in the UK. Does Mark Riss still ride?

Probably need to ask his wife that question bit personal right enough.

Sorry couldn’t resist :D

6 hours ago, Dekker said:i would be surprised if the Norwegian comes over as his stock has fallen in the 2 years since he was signed.

I watched him at Ashfield in the GP qualifier, he rode well, was just lacking a bit of pace. 

Think he would be a gamble on a 5.00 though. Maybe tap into the Aussies again for a 4 pointer.