British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2022

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

I think Lasse would be fine at reserve tbh. Chance to build some confidence 

I thought foreign riders couldn't fall below their assessed averages now? So even if rides his 8th or 12th match or whatever he'll still be on 5.00 and not eligible to drop to reserve? Josh McDonald been on 4.00 for years but true average always been below that

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

I thought foreign riders couldn't fall below their assessed averages now? So even if rides his 8th or 12th match or whatever he'll still be on 5.00 and not eligible to drop to reserve? Josh McDonald been on 4.00 for years but true average always been below that

Fair point. 

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

No, foreign riders can't fall below 4.00, so Lasse would drop to a 4.00 ave after his next match, pushing Sarjeant into the top 5.

3 hours ago, GWC said:

Seems to have been Fredriksen r/r for most of season and now he’s injured?

Sign a rider who will be available!

Fredriksen only missed one meeting all season. That was vs Redcar at sunny Armadale (he was taking part in some kind of qualifier or another that night?) and r/r was used that night.

He returned, only to be decapitated by James Shanes.

Don't worry though, he's due back on Friday apparently.

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

maybe know what you’re talking about next time before posting.

Humble apologies blobby must have got him confused with someone else - cardinal sin I know to make an incorrect post on this place!

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 12:55 PM, szkocjasid said:

No, foreign riders can't fall below 4.00, so Lasse would drop to a 4.00 ave after his next match, pushing Sarjeant into the top 5.

Or perhaps not ;)

From 1 July, young Sarjeant will drop to 3.93, thus keeping both himself and Jacob Hook at reserve. Lasse will remain in the top 5, albeit now on 4.00 as you said. His previous higher 'average' will ensure he's not allowed to swap with Hook and enjoy a dabble in the bottom 2 for a while.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm probably wrong, but maybe stadium owners have given them 2023 at Armadale. So extra time to find somewhere for 2024 onwards. 

Wouldn't really be the future then as is suggested in their message. Also the stadium owner is selling not just kicking them out