British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2022

On 1/4/2022 at 3:54 PM, FromBendThree said:

Team reveal doesn't need a great deal of creativity when your are talking to your own fans. Just tell 'em what the team is. 

Reserve the creativity/skill for reaching a new audience. What Edinburgh did and others is the wrong focus.

I think you're missing the fact that the reveal was created by volunteers. It's not a case of reserving things for new audiences etc, it's at no cost to the club so why not be creative for current audience AND new audience

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I think you're missing the fact that the reveal was created by volunteers. It's not a case of reserving things for new audiences etc, it's at no cost to the club so why not be creative for current audience AND new audience

That's a fair point. I will watch with interest to see what these volunteers come up with to reach a new audience. At the moment they are only reaching the current (dying) audience. Perhaps you will enlighten us to what their plans are to reach all the people who have never heard of speedway and persuade them to give it a go. 

1 hour ago, FromBendThree said:

That's a fair point. I will watch with interest to see what these volunteers come up with to reach a new audience. At the moment they are only reaching the current (dying) audience. Perhaps you will enlighten us to what their plans are to reach all the people who have never heard of speedway and persuade them to give it a go. 

Give up mate. You’ve taken a position that most agree is bizarre but you feel like you need to stick with. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

OK, let me know of one great bit of creativity and innovation in 2021 from your volunteers which reached people who had never heard of speedway before. AND, most importantly, how successful was it? That means, in plain language, how many new fans did it bring into the stadium and what was the retention rate?

That would be one for the promotion to answer not me. It has no bearing on whether the team announcement method was a good idea however. You know that but for some reason you’re insisting on trying to sound like a marketing strategist. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

That would be one for the promotion to answer not me. It has no bearing on whether the team announcement method was a good idea however. You know that but for some reason you’re insisting on trying to sound like a marketing strategist. 

I was thinking sounds more like a ar*e.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Decent showing from your new man in Darcy ward invitational this morning. 5 points in that field pretty respectable, 1 fewer than Masters, same as zaine Kennedy and point more than kelleher. Thomson 7, Pickering 8 too

10 for Josh. :P  Tried to get the stream working but it wasn’t loading for some reason. Decent haul for Hook - sounds like he passed Sam in one heat too. 

14 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

10 for Josh. :P  Tried to get the stream working but it wasn’t loading for some reason. Decent haul for Hook - sounds like he passed Sam in one heat too. 

So he did, got him mixed up with young Mr Morris somehow lol. Only saw a couple heats too but definitely looked better in this than he did in meeting couple weeks before. Wonder what happened to Fraser bowles (as the updates site have named him) only managed 1

• 1 month later...