British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2022

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Same with Poole! I wonder which of us will announce first :D

Edinburgh I expect as Poole are still going through their 'vast array' of rider negotiations to announce yet I imagine :rolleyes:.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I don't think Poole will announce any signings until they have the stadium rent issue legally sorted.

No point in weakening any legal negotiating position (by 'accepting' a huge imposed, non-negotiated rent increase) by confirming to the stadium and the Council that the club is definitely intending to race whatever the rent?!!:o;)

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

so, no agreement on the rent for next year,no racing next year !! unbelievable, a perfectly adequate sports facility pretty much lying idle,bcp council need to need to get off their arses and get involved,show some leadership and go public on what their policy is on the stadium

Could be worse I suppose. Saw on the news a bar/pub in Pen Hill in Poole have a 66% rent increase! 

Edited by lisa-colette

3 hours ago, poole keith said:

so, no agreement on the rent for next year,no racing next year !! unbelievable, a perfectly adequate sports facility pretty much lying idle,bcp council need to need to get off their arses and get involved,show some leadership and go public on what their policy is on the stadium

Nobody has said there will not be an agreement. Its a legal negotiation.

Just now, SlicktrackSandy said:

Not long to go now, so suspense will soon  be over.  Maybe 3/4 surprises in store - who knows - am now at the stage of giving up even guessing.  Safer to wait until the reveal and work with the hand that we have dealt ourselves.  If Carlsberg announced a speedway team - this is how they would do it !  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diamonds85 said:

Good shout as the senior reserve... But who will be the junior reserve? Or will they go down the same route as the Diamonds and have 10 points down at reserve and not as powerful of a top end? Will be interesting to see...

After missing out on Worrall & Kemp, we then failed to get Cook to return as plan B. I can only see us going strength in depth now as there’s a lack of top riders available.