British Speedway Forum

Poole v Edinburgh. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 27th October 2021

Just now, Fromafar said:

Pickering has been at Edinburgh 5 years and although this has been his best season,his potential for significant improvement might be optimistic.He is exciting and entertaining though.

We shall see, some riders take longer to reach their full potential, dare I use the Jason Doyle example again. Josh is only 24 & next season he'll kick on! :t:

But for which club(s)?.......

26 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I will be gutted if Josh goes anywhere other than Edinburgh and a Premier club. Always superb to watch and never stops trying. Lovely guy too

I would think your greatest worry is that he might now be on the radar of some Polish clubs.

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I would think your greatest worry is that he might now be on the radar of some Polish clubs.

At the end of the day, Josh will do what’s right for him and it will be with our blessing but I do hope he will stay with us

On 10/27/2021 at 10:51 PM, lisa-colette said:

I didn't see an Edinburgh fan but I did see a few Wolves ones (obv to see Rory and Sam) and a BV one (to see Richie and Steve?) 

There were four of us on the 1st bend along an Ipswich/Edinburgh fan.  We cleared off after the meeting to go to the nearest Spoon's for some cheap Ale to drown our sorrows.  Disappointed with the track being as dusty as it was, could have done with some water.  Poole clearly the better team who handled it well.  Been home for about an hour after the long drive.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, edmon said:

There were four of us on the 1st bend along an Ipswich/Edinburgh fan.  We cleared off after the meeting to go to the nearest Spoon's for some cheap Ale to drown our sorrows.  Disappointed with the track being as dusty as it was, could have done with some water.  Poole clearly the better team who handled it well.  Been home for about an hour after the long drive.

Got lucky, it has been a lot dustier in the past! ;) Can't speak for the track staff but I guess when it is overcast most of the day, what do you do? I think in the cooler evenings riders don't like it being watered so much. 

We did find the champs bar and had a few pints and some good chat with the locals.  In fact it was me who shout "Yes you did" when Stevie Worrall talked about winning the Cup in 2014 with the Monarchs, in fact he won the treble that year.

It's always good at Poole with some good racing unfortunately mostly Monarchs getting passed.  Our heat leaders appeared to have ran out of steam a bit at the end of the season, that's the first time all year we've lost a 5-1 in heat 13 and 15.  In the league match it was 3-3 and then 1-5 so we were capable of better.  Best team over the 2 legs won and deservedly so.  It is great to see large crowds at the speedway at Poole just a shame with all the matches getting crammed in we couldn't get decent travelling support for either leg or even a more deserving size of home support at the Edinburgh leg.   We were intending staying for the Friday evening match as well but were back up the road early after the postponements.

For the Monarchs it has been a decent season with some really good moments and some fgreat performances but a winter to think of what might have been and roll on 2022.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, scotchopper said:

We did find the champs bar and had a few pints and some good chat with the locals.  In fact it was me who shout "Yes you did" when Stevie Worrall talked about winning the Cup in 2014 with the Monarchs, in fact he won the treble that year.

It's always good at Poole with some good racing unfortunately mostly Monarchs getting passed.  Our heat leaders appeared to have ran out of steam a bit at the end of the season, that's the first time all year we've lost a 5-1 in heat 13 and 15.  In the league match it was 3-3 and then 1-5 so we were capable of better.  Best team over the 2 legs won and deservedly so.  It is great to see large crowds at the speedway at Poole just a shame with all the matches getting crammed in we couldn't get decent travelling support for either leg or even a more deserving size of home support at the Edinburgh leg.   We were intending staying for the Friday evening match as well but were back up the road early after the postponements.

For the Monarchs it has been a decent season with some really good moments and some fgreat performances but a winter to think of what might have been and roll on 2022.

Thanks for that Scotchopper. Steve and I would have come and said hello if we had known who you were. Thanks for the kind words. At least you were gracious in defeat and an honest assessment of the two legs overall.

It's a pity that a certain Mr Jan Andersen couldn't bring himself to be more pleasant.

Hope to get up to Armadsle next season as Steve and I were on the Northern tour in the summer when we had that horrendous weather.

See you hopefully next season.

• Like 3