British Speedway Forum

Poole v Edinburgh. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 27th October 2021

29 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Championship fans in my experience are a bunch who genuinely get on and can have a decent discussion with. Poole fans don't fall into that category

Unless you have met every Poole fan it is a bit of a sweeping statement. I don't think I would put every single clubs fan into one bracket. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

All clubs have annoying posters on here, look at Peterborough for example! But I don't think I would use it to describe all Peterborough fans. 

Yes true I do not think it is anyone they have met and I don't think it is right to criticize other clubs fans on a forum and say they don't want their club in the same league because of one or two fans comments. Most of it is said tongue in cheek anyway. 

• Like 1

Too many Poole fans have spent many years destroying the reputation of their club and their decent fans with their arrogance, complacency and borderline trolling. Bitterness is not caused by their team winning but by the attitude of far too many Pirates' fans to success. Their greed for success so that they can patronise and insult other clubs, constantly boasting of their successes was barely tolerable in the bear pit of Premiership discussions but is totally unacceptable or deserved by the far more fair-minded Championship sector. In tier 2 (BL2, NNL, NL, PL).

We have over the past half century since establishment in 1968 developed a spirit of rivalry and exchanging of barbs, some witty and some half-way but we maintain respect or the other teams who are our opponents, not our enemies. Winning is enjoyed  without rubbing the noses of opposition fans in it. For us winning is not a justification for petty gloating.  

I know many hoped that the move down would change attitudes. Sadly  it hasn't and the sooner  you take your poison  back to the Premiership the happier our league will be. My team's not even running currently (although I'm doing my best to revive them) so any accusation of jealousy would be pitiful. 

I have many precious memories of speedway but they are mainly of having fun with friends, not being able to boast of victory.

Apologies to the decent fans who do respect their rivals whose reputation is tarred by these people who are not just wrecking the reputation of their club. If you're staying please learn and respect our ways. If not please leave. Take all the trophies you want - I'll even buy you one. Just let us have our fun in peace please. 

P.S. Thanks for rewarding the efforts by Edinburgh and Glasgow in allowing Pirates fans to watch the first legs of this weeks' finals by streaming the second legs in return. 

What do you mean they haven't?

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Too many Poole fans have spent many years destroying the reputation of their club and their decent fans with their arrogance, complacency and borderline trolling. Bitterness is not caused by their team winning but by the attitude of far too many Pirates' fans to success. Their greed for success so that they can patronise and insult other clubs, constantly boasting of their successes was barely tolerable in the bear pit of Premiership discussions but is totally unacceptable or deserved by the far more fair-minded Championship sector. In tier 2 (BL2, NNL, NL, PL).

We have over the past half century since establishment in 1968 developed a spirit of rivalry and exchanging of barbs, some witty and some half-way but we maintain respect or the other teams who are our opponents, not our enemies. Winning is enjoyed  without rubbing the noses of opposition fans in it. For us winning is not a justification for petty gloating.  

I know many hoped that the move down would change attitudes. Sadly  it hasn't and the sooner  you take your poison  back to the Premiership the happier our league will be. My team's not even running currently (although I'm doing my best to revive them) so any accusation of jealousy would be pitiful. 

I have many precious memories of speedway but they are mainly of having fun with friends, not being able to boast of victory.

Apologies to the decent fans who do respect their rivals whose reputation is tarred by these people who are not just wrecking the reputation of their club. If you're staying please learn and respect our ways. If not please leave. Take all the trophies you want - I'll even buy you one. Just let us have our fun in peace please. 

P.S. Thanks for rewarding the efforts by Edinburgh and Glasgow in allowing Pirates fans to watch the first legs of this weeks' finals by streaming the second legs in return. 

What do you mean they haven't?

Bit over the top.IMO

Its just a fans forum.

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

To quote Ron Burgundy.... Gee, that escalated quickly :rofl:

That's been building up for a while. I'd given them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway I hope it's a great night and that Edinburgh can put up a good fight. I just I could watch it. No, being housebound currently I can't travel to Dorset. With luchk the riders can out on a great match. That's far more important than having to deal with Poole's lunatic fringe. 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Yes it was a wonderful ride, stopped our momentum. Which I could fully appreciate and applauded. What's your point?

Yeah, it was a great ride and deservedly applauded throughout the stadium on the night.

On another note, the rain here is awful and forecast to stay. This isn't happening tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Bit over the top.IMO

Its just a fans forum.

I've seen too much, especially from Shovlar who wrecked one group before moving on to this forum .

Yes  it's a fans forum. It's not me who needs to be reminded....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@RobMcCaffery Calm down & smell the poop!

whoops sorry, didn't see that on the floor! :rofl:

Yer know somet Steve Shovlar is someone u can av a gud laff with no matter how he may be perceived on ere.

Yeah, I come on ere & I act like a silly kid but who cares! 

Anywayz, Pirates gonna kick ass tonight coz WE ARE THE BEST FORGET THE REST :party:

Whoops oh dear, was that over the line or not???? Get VAR to decide! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Sad 2