British Speedway Forum

Poole v Edinburgh. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 27th October 2021

Now entering the final week of the season, we have the second leg of the KO Cup final on Wednesday. Pirates have a 5 point lead from the first leg and are favourites to lift the cup.

At the moment a dry day is forecast. As Poole have been rock solid at home so far this season, it’s going to take a monumental effort from the Monarchs to turn this one around. Highly unlikely but not impossible. Will they do it? I don’t think so. 50-40.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Now entering the final week of the season, we have the second leg of the KO Cup final on Wednesday. Pirates have a 5 point lead from the first leg and are favourites to lift the cup.

At the moment a dry day is forecast. As Poole have been rock solid at home so far this season, it’s going to take a monumental effort from the Monarchs to turn this one around. Highly unlikely but not impossible. Will they do it? I don’t think so. 50-40.

Thoughts?

It'll be interesting to see who Poole choose to guest for Stefan, as I guess they'll keep Zach Cook for the play-off final?!  Ruml maybe?

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Zaine Kennedy? Had about 2 decent rides in 20 around Poole. Fact out front but nowhere if he misses it. Good luck to him though.

He's one of the ones that Darcy helps, so hopefully Darcy tell him some track secrets ;). Though Zaine does seem to improve each time he comes. Though it should be slightly easier riding for Poole at Poole than against I think.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yeah not a good guest but hopefully we won't need him to be.

Harsh I think. 

Edit - last 2 visits for Leicester 5 and 4. One time same score as Douglas and both times outscoring Hume.. So if he can get 4/5 again that will be fine! 

Edited by lisa-colette

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Harsh I think. 

Edit - last 2 visits for Leicester 5 and 4. One time same score as Douglas and both times outscoring Hume.. So if he can get 4/5 again that will be fine! 

We have Basso no worries, the cup is ours. Zaine Kennedy is not that good at his own track let alone at Poole! He may have got 5 and 4  points but he had 6/7 rides!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1