British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2022 Line up

On 11/2/2021 at 6:11 PM, TheScotsman said:

True but don't know their legal status. 

Better as servants? 

Riders are self employed “Contracted riders”
”subcontracted” when allowed by  club who rider is “contracted too” to ride for another club. 
In legal terms the “contract” is the “asset”

Edited by 1 valve

Lions team news next week (to be drip fed over several weeks no doubt).

Reading between the lines, I would imagine that Howard will be retained as he was Dickson’s rider of the season. Whatever the points limit is to be for team building, I can see 2 of the top 4 not returning.

Someone on here will know a lot more and no doubt inform us!

• Like 3

All will be revealed in time need to keep the winter interesting no point in releasing the 7 in one go & then its a long boring winter   . Starting with early next week :t::t:

Plus it’s always good to read some of the rumours that come out right & wrong ones :rofl:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lion tamer said:

I know that one of the heat leaders is not returning and is currently looking for a new championship club 

Bet Hans isn't returning. I'd think howarth would be back as he was great for us . Rumour has it Douglas ain't coming and I don't know if Morris will be back

Leicester is my local track so looking forward to Pirates and Lions doing battle again in 2022 no matter who rides for who. 

But thank you and other clubs for over looking Danyon Hume in 2021 as he proved to be a key rider for us in our double winning season :party:

Here's to 2022 :cheers:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Club have just announced on twitter that Andersen, Douglas & Kennedy are not returning for 2022.

Surprised Douglas isn't coming bet he's got a good offer somewhere. Think we need stronger reserves for next season. Would love mountain at the club and he's a title winner with us already.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Surprised Douglas isn't coming bet he's got a good offer somewhere. Think we need stronger reserves for next season. Would love mountain at the club and he's a title winner with us already.

When it came to the crunch in the semis against us Pirates it was the Lions lower end that just cudn't mix it. Mountain or Hume alongside one of the twins would've been the way to go. My mates are Lions fans and they were very surprised, and so was I, when Mountain was released and he performed very well despite the teams he rode for ending up at the bottom of their respective leagues.

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

I'm assuming this means the Thomson twins Morris and howarth are all staying?

Although the Twins are progressing well I'd only go with one of them because when it came to the end having both of them, for me,  proved just a step too far 

18 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Ryan Douglas has not fallen out with the Leicester promotion in any way he has signed for Rawicz in Poland and the majority of their meetings are going to be on Saturday nights . Ryan has been considering his options whether to do UK Premiership,Sweden and Poland or UK both leagues and Poland.

New signings will be announced this week along with the return of some former Lions from previous seasons

• Like 1