British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I still don't know why Scottish & Southern Energy couldn't have been approached to sponsor the 2021Play-Off Final (and the KO Cup Final). Just to agree to put their name to it for just a token amount of cash (or even no money at all) would have raised the profile somewhat - and who knows may have even led to something else!

Had that very thought for a long time for many brands..

Especially supermarkets who may have branches in every Speedway town or city..

"Dont give us any money, just give us your name and access to your millions of customers"...

Maybe they have been approached and decided to not let their names be associated with something more than a little contrived and all in all, a bit Mickey Mouse..?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Probably nowt off the BSPA

No Members of bspa  turned up at Peterborough to present the trophy, so would not expect them to be at Poole never mind provide medals, in 2018 Workington management had to provide medals for both teams in the 3 finals. Also no members of the bspa were at the SON at belle Vue in an official capacity, seams like they don't care anymore, or have they ever cared !!!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Neila said:

No Members of bspa  turned up at Peterborough to present the trophy, so would not expect them to be at Poole never mind provide medals, in 2018 Workington management had to provide medals for both teams in the 3 finals. Also no members of the bspa were at the SON at belle Vue in an official capacity, seams like they don't care anymore, or have they ever cared !!!

Only about themselves.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Neila said:

I should really correct BSPA to.....no not to BSPL, but to BS and we all know wot that stands for! Yes BS, very apt for a woeful bunch of lookin after their own & guilty of not enforcing rules because their own club's wud be in trouble as well if they did. That is a matter of fact.

Edited by PirateShip

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

That's outrageous. Can you imagine a team winning the FA cup and buying their own medals.

2018 , workington had to get their own medals for the winners . think T J bought them .

utter disgrace from the powers that be . that was the craic i got !

OOPS , should have read Neila,s post before posting . sorry Neila.

Edited by jenga

Maybe the powers that be shud be sent a very fitting trophy in the post.........a nice fresh pile of BS! :rofl:

Mark the package perishable so the royal mail get it there asap! :lol:......they cud squash it thru the letter box! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

The KO Cup Trophy was plastic and spinning round on it's base! 

It wud've been nicer to av commissioned Poole pottery (or other similar companies) to make a trophies, or something different from plastic. 

I'm sure previous trophies av been from metals but never mind hey, plastic is the way to go it seems.

Wonder if the Premier League in football have a plastic trophy? Ermmmm nope!........ plastic yuk yuk yuk!!!!

good job it was not made from cardboard other wise it would have been recycled  . where as plastic will end up in the sea on the south coast 

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

good job it was not made from cardboard other wise it would have been recycled  . where as plastic will end up in the sea on the south coast 

Nah, if it were cardboard the Aussie boyz would be fighting over it coz not all of em can sleep indoors at Middlo's! :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Reet in about 15 mins I leave me home to the train station. It's raining in Long Eaton!

First of course it's to the newsagents, conveniently situated next to the station to pick up the speedway star. Probably will av read it all by the time I land in Poole at 1240! :rolleyes: Time now 542.

Better check there's no moose loose aboot the hoose before I leave! :lol:

Edited by PirateShip

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

Reet in about 15 mins I leave me home to the train station. It's raining in Long Eaton!

First of course it's to the newsagents, conveniently situated next to the station to pick up the speedway star. Probably will av read it all by the time I land in Poole at 1240! :rolleyes: Time now 542.

Better check there's no moose loose aboot the hoose before I leave! :lol:

Good journey see you tonight 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, PirateShip said:

The KO Cup Trophy was plastic and spinning round on it's base! 

It wud've been nicer to av commissioned Poole pottery (or other similar companies) to make a trophies, or something different from plastic. 

I'm sure previous trophies av been from metals but never mind hey, plastic is the way to go it seems.

Wonder if the Premier League in football have a plastic trophy? Ermmmm nope!........ plastic yuk yuk yuk!!!!

The trophy I had to move was metal on a plastic base.

Not the best I admit.