British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Watched heat from Poole Edinburgh match on SGB website between the brothers worrall. Track looked pretty good, not much bucking other than kemp on bend 2, bit dusty though?

Oh it's been dustier than that this season! I think it's supposed to be dry next few days so they will need to try and water it frequently if they can. 

Edited by lisa-colette

12 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Setting off from Long Eaton at 620am on the train, arrives into Poole 1240. Change at Gloucester & Dorchester.

Thought I'd leave earlier than normal to make sure I get there for the start! :rolleyes:

Wow.  All that way for a "home" match.  I admire your dedication.

45 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

On the bus into Glasgow. All quick. Some interesting planes in the airport inc the million pound paint job on the uk plane. Plus india, Japan etc. weather is good no issues. 

Any visible extra security at Glasgow airport for your arrival?;):party:

Edited by Skidder1

4 hours ago, GS550 said:

Wow.  All that way for a "home" match.  I admire your dedication.

Thanks. Well I travel all over, Edinburgh (pp), Newcastle, Berwick, Redcar, Leicester, Poole X3 for the Pirates so far this season.

British Final, SON, British Under 21 Final (to watch a mate Tom Spencer ride) also this season.

I'm sure others do more & travel more, just love me speedway as we all do.

Glasgow just out of reach tonight tho.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

On the bus into Glasgow. All quick. Some interesting planes in the airport inc the million pound paint job on the uk plane. Plus india, Japan etc. weather is good no issues. 

So cool Steve , cool photos mate, wow, I'm so jealous :D

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thousands of people, politicians, their security, their entourage, plus journalists from around the globe, and protesters from all points, all flying into Glasgow to discuss how we can reduce emissions...

As Homer may have said...

"Doh!":D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Glasgow is impressive with lots of quality shops and restaurants.  First time here but will certainly revisit next year when I have more time. 

Be even better if all the attractions weren't bloody closed. Plenty to do around the place usually. Depending how morbid you are could take a stroll around the necropolis, sure that still be open. 

35 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Thanks. Well I travel all over, Edinburgh (pp), Newcastle, Berwick, Redcar, Leicester, Poole X3 for the Pirates so far this season.

British Final, SON, British Under 21 Final (to watch a mate Tom Spencer ride) also this season.

I'm sure others do more & travel more, just love me speedway as we all do.

Glasgow just out of reach tonight tho.

I take my hat off to you sir.  If I had one anyway.

• Like 2