British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

27 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely Jack Thomas being a 2star Rising Star can still guest for Stefan Neilsen (4.79) on Tuesday, no matter what his 'real' average might be?!

If was Hume then that be case but as neilsen isn't your rising star I believe the averages come into play, otherwise you'd be using Leon flint I'm sure 

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Sad news that Michael Facenna has sadly passed away , played a huge part in the takeover and a lot off the initial upgrades RIP Michael a big loss to the club.

Sad news. Did wonder when wasn't around as much last few years. Forever grateful for what done for our club. RIP

• Like 3

Fingers crossed it all goes ahead as the price of changing the flights is probably more than the original cost. Going to be 30 hours no sleep as it stands. The weather here has been mild, with 15 C about as low as it has got. Seeing Glasgow as single digits means bringing a proper coat. We haven’t had a cold night this autumn so far, so a shock to the system is on the cards. The problem with flying nd having no base is that we have to cart everything around with us. Not great.

Ideally we would have. Hotel at a fair price and a mid day return flight so no panic getting to the airport. Hope at 7 am Wednesday morning I am not thinking, why did I come all this way for no sleep and a 26 point defeat? :D (I know that won’t happen)

Edited by Steve Shovlar

8 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I think Edinburgh have access to some - I’m sure someone mentioned Ronnie Anderson had covers. Might have been an idea to tap him up for them. 

I think covers only work if the track is not already sodden, so as it has rained for seven days solid there wouldn't have been much opportunity to do so. The track guys were working on the track this afternoon when the sun eventually came out and so fingers crossed we'll be OK for Tuesday night. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I very rarely want a Glasgow win however would like to see them come out on top.  

You really have a problem with your anti Poole stance in your posts. I don't recall you being gracious in defeat either after the Cup final.

Each to their own.:angry:

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Thanks Steve. Can’t chat now though as I’m off out in my kilt for some haggis. Standard Saturday evening up here in jockland. xxxxxxx 

It was clearly a bit of fun/banter. If you take offence at nonsense like that there’s no hope.