British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

14 hours ago, mikebv said:

Isnt it just what they bring in for hosting a play off leg?...

Dont think there is an actual monetary prize..

If there is, it certainly isnt advertised or shouted about as far as I can see...

With no major sponsors, I wouldnt think it's a major "winner" for either team, but both teams reaching the final should make a "few quid"...

Obviously how much money they didnt make earlier in the season due to some fans giving the "qualifiers" a miss some weeks is something that isnt quantifiable..

Yes they'll reap the financial rewards of running on an off race night in early November and then in the following season, if they're still in business, they can reap the rewards of winning the Championship by failing to ever mention it ever again to promote their business :lol:

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

☠️PirateCast☠️ (@PirateCast) / Twitter

Explains why there is no live stream!

Wud like to know who is trying to rip folk off, hope the stewards are looking out for anyone trying to film on their phone as they cud be the culprit(s).

I'd grab their phone & shove it where the sun doesn't shine, sideways!

Av a nice day :D

Edited by PirateShip

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lovely sunny day here in Poole. But will be a bit chilly tonight so wrap up warm.  Are the gates opening at 6pm or the usual 6.30?

Good question, hopefully a bit earlier :t:

Edited by PirateShip

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lovely sunny day here in Poole. But will be a bit chilly tonight so wrap up warm.  Are the gates opening at 6pm or the usual 6.30?

Says 6.30 when you go to book tickets on website.

The Pirates welcome the Glasgow Tigers to Poole Stadium for the biggest fixture of the season, the second leg of the play-off FINAL!

Once you have completed your purchase you will be emailed e-ticket(s) for the event. Please show your e-ticket either printed or on your smart phone upon entry to the event

- Gates open from 6:30pm (racing starts 7:30pm)

- Programmes available to purchase upon entry

- Food and drink available

- On site parking (£2.50 for duration of event)

- Tickets also available on the gate

- Season tickets are valid for this fixture

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Yes they'll reap the financial rewards of running on an off race night in early November and then in the following season, if they're still in business, they can reap the rewards of winning the Championship by failing to ever mention it ever again to promote their business :lol:

Not a Richard Branson business and marketing  plan I presume? :D

14 hours ago, cityrebel said:

When i played in a schools cup final, i got a small plastic Subuteo football  trophy as my prize!

All the trophies I won playing Sunday football, looked like a taxi driver's air freshener. 

Oooh Glasgow have got Sam at no2! Intersting...

This is it! Flexed biceps It’s the final match of the season, the Grand-Final Second-Leg! We line-up as followed; 1. Craig Cook 2. Sam Jensen 3. Broc Nicol 4. Tom Brennan 5. Ricky Wells 6. Marcin Nowak 7. Connor Bailey Come on boys, let’s bring it home

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oooh Glasgow have got Sam at no2! Intersting...

This is it! Flexed biceps It’s the final match of the season, the Grand-Final Second-Leg! We line-up as followed; 1. Craig Cook 2. Sam Jensen 3. Broc Nicol 4. Tom Brennan 5. Ricky Wells 6. Marcin Nowak 7. Connor Bailey Come on boys, let’s bring it home

Bring wot home? That's lost me as that! :lol:

Av they lost s dog or somet? 

I'll see if u can find any leads! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip

Also if anyone who can't go is interested ...

dVljjmI1_normal.jpg

SPEEDWAY FANS  We are planning to run a live blog with updates from tonight’s SGB Championship play-off final second leg Pirates currently trail by 10 against Glasgow Score predictions? Will post some of them in the blog later