British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

27 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

OF COURSE YOU DO 

www.facebook.com./profile.php?id=100016539794084

Im not going via M25

Im driving up tonight. I could meet you at the airport and you can come with me to stadium. How many with you

Hi Andy, that link doesn’t work. Well I can’t get it to work. We are going into the city for a look about before heading to the stadium for 6.pm. 

Must admit I'm impressed with the Poole fans travelling upto Glasgow especially this time of year. No link to either team but I reckon il get the stream tomorrow, shame 2nd leg isn't on anywhere

Been been to Glasgow once and Poole many times drove there and back same day. Decent drives from the Midlands but Glasgow easy enough if the M6 behaves

Edited by bruno

8 minutes ago, bruno said:

Must admit I'm impressed with the Poole fans travelling upto Glasgow especially this time of year. No link to either team but I reckon il get the stream tomorrow, shame 2nd leg isn't on anywhere

Been been to Glasgow once and Poole many times drove there and back same day. Decent drives from the Midlands but Glasgow easy enough if the M6 behaves

There’s at least a dozen Poole fans that I know of making the trip, and probably quite a few more coming up. Nothing like the large amounts we would normally bring to a playoff final closer to hone on a weekend though. Hopefully we can make enough noise to be heard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PirateShip said:

I'm travelling down to Poole on Thursday on train as per norm. South Western Railways (from Waterloo to Poole) must be about the worst rail company in the worrrrrrld! All the usual electric failures, signal failures, rail replacement bus service rubbish, so this time I'm avoiding like the plague! Going on a mystery tour via Gloucester & Dorchester. May help anyone who travels by train from anywhere for this meeting.:t:

Yeah, no trains between Brockenhurst and Bournemouth this week so it's a long way round instead, and Salisbury being closed isn't going to help either  

2 hours ago, mac101 said:

marcin told me that he had rode there a  few years ago in a under 21 meeting he thinks he scored 5/6 point and he also remembered the  track was pretty bumpy going into 3rd bend 

Well you can tell him track is a lot smoother now! So should find it a better experience. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Weather forecast looking good, glad it looks like we’re finally getting a meeting in. Will need to wrap up warm but hoping at the very least to finish the season with a home win, whatever happens on the return leg.

I fail to see how it could be colder than Swindon! Have to wear two coats there in the summer months!!

Edit - this made me laugh..

Speedway Social on Twitter: "Extraordinary image of Poole fans on their way to Glasgow for tomorrow's final. They've become accustomed to their top league luxuries I think  https://t.co/48W7Gcd5Vz" / Twitter

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Yeah, no trains between Brockenhurst and Bournemouth this week so it's a long way round instead, and Salisbury being closed isn't going to help either  

Setting off from Long Eaton at 620am on the train, arrives into Poole 1240. Change at Gloucester & Dorchester.

Thought I'd leave earlier than normal to make sure I get there for the start! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Looking forward to the final trophy meetings of the season this week. I'm updating the 1st leg of the meeting tomorrow night, hoping Glasgow can take a good lead into the 2nd leg. For anyone not attending the meeting, hope you can join me on the updates site at 7:30pm tomorrow night.

https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/20612/poole-champ-final-l1-30pm?page=1&scrollTo=418885

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ellioth4 said:

Looking forward to the final trophy meetings of the season this week. I'm updating the 1st leg of the meeting tomorrow night, hoping Glasgow can take a good lead into the 2nd leg. For anyone not attending the meeting, hope you can join me on the updates site at 7:30pm tomorrow night.

https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/20612/poole-champ-final-l1-30pm?page=1&scrollTo=418885

Excellent, I'll be following speedway updates, appreciate the service :t:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Watched heat from Poole Edinburgh match on SGB website between the brothers worrall. Track looked pretty good, not much bucking other than kemp on bend 2, bit dusty though?

The skies were black before the night sky came over & it looked like it was gonna chuck it down when I was queueing up to get in. Even though forecast said no rain it looked very different so I guess that's why no water was put down.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

The skies were black before the night sky came over & it looked like it was gonna chuck it down when I was queueing up to get in. Even though forecast said no rain it looked very different so I guess that's why no water was put down.

It was overcast most of the day but as it started getting dark at 6pm it prob was dusk to the night sky. Unless you are one if these fans who starts queuing at 4pm? ;)