British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

I'm travelling down to Poole on Thursday on train as per norm. South Western Railways (from Waterloo to Poole) must be about the worst rail company in the worrrrrrld! All the usual electric failures, signal failures, rail replacement bus service rubbish, so this time I'm avoiding like the plague! Going on a mystery tour via Gloucester & Dorchester. May help anyone who travels by train from anywhere for this meeting.:t:

8 minutes ago, Andrew2021 said:

How much did you pay for flight Steve....I prob go up very early and spend the day there..sleep in car.

Actually Im gonna go up around midnight tonight and spend day there.

Flight was £75 return. Train in comparison was over £200. We are dossing at airport but not likely to get any sleep. We are in the grandstand. Come and join us so we can make some noise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

There has been the odd one that takes a couple of meetings to get to grips with it, hopefully he's one of them!;) Doubt it though. 

marcin told me that he had rode there a  few years ago in a under 21 meeting he thinks he scored 5/6 point and he also remembered the  track was pretty bumpy going into 3rd bend 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Yes it sure is, I used to ride road bikes and you may think being in a car was bad enough.......nearly bought a trials bike to get across! 

Buxton, oh my Buxton was awful for anyone on a motorbike......get into one of those white stone ruts and that was game over!

But anywayz........:rofl:

Personally I have only used the car park once, always park in shopping centre car park now and walk. Bad enough having to walk through it! I thought the track was good last time though, more passing than I can ever remember at Leicester.

Just now, foreverblue said:

Personally I have only used the car park once, always park in shopping centre car park now and walk. Bad enough having to walk through it! I thought the track was good last time though, more passing than I can ever remember at Leicester.

Yep, total cock up when the track was first laid at Leicester! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cookiefan said:

You could buy the stream and watch live from Glasgow Tigers website

I could but streaming isn't for me. Dunno, just something I've never really been bothered about. Maybe coz I shell out enuff as it is for tv speedway and also attending speedway all over the UK. Rather save me money to actually attend.

And please, this is not a pop at streaming as it serves a good purpose, just not for me.

6 minutes ago, mac101 said:

marcin told me that he had rode there a  few years ago in a under 21 meeting he thinks he scored 5/6 point and he also remembered the  track was pretty bumpy going into 3rd bend 

It used to be awful, I remember going to a GP qualifier there and it was terrible, much improved now though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PirateShip said:

I could but streaming isn't for me. Dunno, just something I've never really been bothered about. Maybe coz I shell out enuff as it is for tv speedway and also attending speedway all over the UK. Rather save me money to actually attend.

And please, this is not a pop at streaming as it serves a good purpose, just not for me.

If not for you that's how you feel.. nothing matches being there live but find it a good second place this season

• Like 1