British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

On 10/24/2021 at 4:29 PM, brianbuck said:

If we must have the playoffs (and it seems that we must), then surely the team finishing top of the table should be seeded directly to the final?

On 10/24/2021 at 4:33 PM, gazzac said:

That should be ideal, but always remember the first ever one Eastbourne vs Wolves, we were by far the best all season, qualified for the final and didn't ride for at least 2 weeks, Wolves came in race ready, we were slightly rusty and didn't quite fire like we did all season and lost it.

I'm sure Wolves had 2 home ties, with big crowds before racing Eastbourne in the final! Was better financially to finish 2nd than 1st!

biblical rain now and i am 15 mins from the track if it goes on most of the night can see a early call off and maybe try for thursday if it’s still bad going to struggle to fit it in before the weekend as poole will not accept having the 2nd leg away and from what i am told can’t run on saturday or sunday any ideas  hope people have not booked hotels transport  for friday night 

2 huge mistakes - 
1. having a KO cup competition when season only started late in May.
2. Having 6 teams in play offs causing quarter finals and then mistake 3 Edinburgh and Leicester were allowed to drag quarter finals out for 2+ weeks

Edited by mac101
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mac101 said:

biblical rain now and i am 15 mins from the track if it goes on most of the night can see a early call off and maybe try for thursday if it’s still bad going to struggle to fit it in before the weekend as poole will not accept having the 2nd leg away and from what i am told can’t run on saturday or sunday any ideas  hope people have not booked hotels transport  for friday night 

2 huge mistakes - 
1. having a KO cup competition when season only started late in May.
2. Having 6 teams in play offs causing quarter finals and then mistake 3 Edinburgh and Leicester were allowed to drag quarter finals out for 2+ weeks

Poole have run on a Sunday before, don't see a problem with that, forecast is good at Poole Wednesday so no problem with cup meeting.

8 hours ago, tyretrax said:

How would they have got the programme printed on a Sunday and shipped from the West Midlands in time for the meeting?

Used to be just pre-print and use an "insert" sheet for the last minute arranged fixture.  Not ideal although I would think a programme is the least of concern compared to just getting the match arranged and done.

• Like 1