British Speedway Forum

Berwick Bandits 2022

5 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Think you need your abacus out again, TJ wouldn’t fit unfortunately, by my reckoning, we have just under 7 left

BERWICK

1) Chris Harris 7.91

2) 

3) Jye Etheridge 5.35

4) Leon Flint 5.89

5) Ricky Wells 6.70

6) Kyle Bickley 3.51

7)

Current Total 29.36

Points Remaining 12.64

Total 42

As highlighted by CatchMe, Ricky Wells will report on a CMA of 6.59.

Giving Bandits 12.75 to play with for two remaining riders.

1 minute ago, Normski said:

BERWICK

1) Chris Harris 7.91

2) 

3) Jye Etheridge 5.35

4) Leon Flint 5.89

5) Ricky Wells 6.70

6) Kyle Bickley 3.51

7)

Current Total 29.36

Points Remaining 12.64

Total 42

As highlighted by CatchMe, Ricky Wells will report on a CMA of 6.59.

Giving Bandits 12.75 to play with for two remaining riders.

Pijper allegedly 5.51 leaves 7.24

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Averages are not everything.Dany will definitely do the business at home,so should take a bit of beating at home.

Agree but you've got to win away and would rather sign TJ for away form.

22 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It is technically possible to win the league without winning a single away match. 

Seem to remember Exeter doing it a long time ago, unbeatable on their fearsome home track, not very good away. Was the day's of the bonus point which they always got due to the big home wins, not sure how it would have worked out with the current points system, but probably would have as well. 

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

Seem to remember Exeter doing it a long time ago, unbeatable on their fearsome home track, not very good away. Was the day's of the bonus point which they always got due to the big home wins, not sure how it would have worked out with the current points system, but probably would have as well. 

I think Exeter are less likely to have win using the current system, though they did win a couple of away matches.

But I was more thinking win all your home matches, pick up losing points away, then qualify in the top 6, followed by winning on aggregate! All possible without away wins (but not likely)

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

Yes, Exeter won the Premier League in about 2003 and as a result the rules were changed with no bonus point on aggregate.

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, Exeter won the Premier League in about 2003 and as a result the rules were changed with no bonus point on aggregate.

Exeter won in 2000, I think it was quite a few years after the bonus points were dropped.

I know Swindon were unhappy as they had won more matches than Exeter but finished 2nd!