British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh v Poole KO Cup Final 1st leg - 2.30pm Saturday 23rd October

4 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Another poor result. Didn’t feel like a cup final match. Thought boys looked a bit flat.

Poole very strong side. Basso 13 paid 16. Exciting to watch but a bit wild at times. Think Pirates will take some stopping in League play offs too.

Great interview with John and the Roo Boy.

My wish for 2022? A track that isn’t so slick. Wells last night and the Poole boys loved it.

The whole meeting came across as the pirates wanting it more. Not once during the meeting did I feel Pirates would allow any type of lead. The silly 5-0 even seemed to fire us up more.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Must admit I found Rab C Nesbit funny. And I hope they gain independence from the rubbish show which is brexit and this god awful useless government.

Boris is doing a fantastic job winding some of the Poo supporters up. 

Keep it going Boris. 

29 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Another poor result. Didn’t feel like a cup final match. Thought boys looked a bit flat.

Poole very strong side. Basso 13 paid 16. Exciting to watch but a bit wild at times. Think Pirates will take some stopping in League play offs too.

Great interview with John and the Roo Boy.

My wish for 2022? A track that isn’t so slick. Wells last night and the Poole boys loved it.

Is Doc Bridget still the track man?

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Kemp fell clearly on his own and ref all 4 back. Shocking. 

If I'm thinking of the correct race, Masters and Schlein had another game of tiddlywinks (second one in two attempts). Nobody down on that occasion but the 'incident' occurred just before Kemp fell, hence all 4.

Strange afternoon. Felt nothing at all like a national cup final. No cheerleaders, no fireworks (ok, I get why that wouldn't work in the daylight!), no pipe band, half empty terraces. Just an ordinary day out.

Another dismal failure by our top 3. 5 race wins out of 14 may well have been an improvement on last night but it's still unacceptable. Quite honestly, I wouldn't let any of them wear the Monarchs race jacket at sunny Armadale again in 2021.

Star of the show was Benjamin Basso. He and Danyon Hume drilled another couple of nails in the trick track myth.

Hats off to Poole. Always pleasing to see Rory on track. Happy retirement when the time comes :)

• Like 2

Danyon Hume has had a very good season and I would welcome him back next year. Think there still a fair bit of improvement left in him and he has a good rapport with the Poole fans. He ran a silly last in his second ride when leading Thompson for 3 3/4 laps, and the tapes in his first was frustrating. Came good in the end though.

As for Ben Basso, a performance like today has been on the cards for some time. Certainly looks like a rider with a big future ahead of him.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Danyon Hume has had a very good season and I would welcome him back next year. Think there still a fair bit of improvement left in him and he has a good rapport with the Poole fans. He ran a silly last in his second ride when leading Thompson for 3 3/4 laps, and the tapes in his first was frustrating. Came good in the end though.

Cracking rider and a lovely kid as well, glad to see he’s made his mark this year after a couple of bad knocks 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

Another dismal failure by our top 3. 5 race wins out of 14 may well have been an improvement on last night but it's still unacceptable. Quite honestly, I wouldn't let any of them wear the Monarchs race jacket at sunny Armadale again in 2021.

How many more meetings do you have at Armadale this season?

Thought Edinburgh had a good heat leader trio this season.

I’m glad that’s over. 3 freezing meetings with nothing to get excited about. Thanks to the team for getting us there but the wheels came off just when it mattered

Congratulations to the Pirates. I can’t see anything but the silverware belonging to Poole on Wednesday ....... but ........ you never say never in Speedway

Also congratulations To Mildenhall on wrapping up the National Development League Championship this afternoon too

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Thought Edinburgh had a good heat leader trio this season.

No meetings left for us

We had but we came up against better/ hungrier teams when it mattered

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As for Ben Basso, a performance like today has been on the cards for some time. Certainly looks like a rider with a big future ahead of him.

Think I remember reading on here that Poole may be struggling to sign him next season, due to the Wednesday race night clashing with Denmark?

If Friday availability is any better, I'd happily take him!

10 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

As Gr8scot said, no meetings left. Just my poor attempt at alternative humour :oops:

---‐‐‐---‐----‐-------

In other news, I would also like to add my congratulations to Mildenhall on their National League title win. No need for play off nonsense. Always good to see.

Hugely impressed with young Nathan Ablitt. The lad can't gate for toffee but he's good to watch. Decent lines, very aggressive, attacking the track. Nice wee style too :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Think I remember reading on here that Poole may be struggling to sign him next season, due to the Wednesday race night clashing with Denmark?

As Gr8scot said, no meetings left. Just my poor attempt at alternative humour :oops:

---‐‐‐---‐----‐-------

In other news, I would also like to add my congratulations to Mildenhall on their National League title win. No need for play off nonsense. Always good to see.

Hugely impressed with young Nathan Ablitt. The lad can't gate for toffee but he's good to watch. Decent lines, very aggressive, attacking the track. Nice wee style too :)

I see Nathan ride at Swindon before the pandemic a few years ago certainly has a future.

8 hours ago, King Jamie said:

---‐‐‐---‐----‐-------

Mildenhall great wee team. 5 teenagers too.