British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2022

4 hours ago, ouch said:

If the rule was to mean 25% of a teams meetings it would have said 25% of a teams meetings. It says 25% of league meetings because it only means league meeting. It’s not ambiguous at all as long as you’re not trying to bend things around to suit a weird BSF point of view. 

I still think we should have announced Zagar in March and ran RR for him as Ipswich (to name one) did last year against, well you can guess who against. It’s not within the rules and you have to get your committee buddies to ok it but one for all and all for one - who am I kidding. 

Incredible that The Aces once again abide by the rules yet get berated while other teams continually flout them with next to no comment. Still it’s not as though many people are watching, now why is that?

But the cup was a league.. 

In fact. Two.. :D

Edited by mikebv

38 minutes ago, hyderd said:

As the league fixtures have not yet started, the rule won't apply, as Ouch has already explained, Zagar signed before the league begins so no rules have been Broken.

Or perhaps the season starts upon the commencement of the first League Cup match? That's what's not particularly clear. 

But I'm glad Zagar is here and I'm looking forward to seeing him.

6 hours ago, hyderd said:

As the league fixtures have not yet started, the rule won't apply, as Ouch has already explained, Zagar signed before the league begins so no rules have been Broken.

..and this is the problem. You may well be right but the rule as it is written requires explanation. I don't know if MC mean no team changes once the league campaign starts until 25% (ie., 30) fixtures have been completed or no changes at all until this milestone has been reached. Then what happens after that? Is there to be another transfer window once 75% matches have been ridden or can another change(s) be made at at anytime between 25% and 75%? Also, do the changes involve individual riders or wholesale re-declarations.

More questions than answers right now.

Edit: I don't know whether to read anything into this but new Greensheets for the Championship were published yesterday but nothing yet for the Premiership.

Edited by tocha
item to be added.

9 hours ago, ouch said:

If the rule was to mean 25% of a teams meetings it would have said 25% of a teams meetings. It says 25% of league meetings because it only means league meeting. It’s not ambiguous at all as long as you’re not trying to bend things around to suit a weird BSF point of view. 

I still think we should have announced Zagar in March and ran RR for him as Ipswich (to name one) did last year against, well you can guess who against. It’s not within the rules and you have to get your committee buddies to ok it but one for all and all for one - who am I kidding. 

Incredible that The Aces once again abide by the rules yet get berated while other teams continually flout them with next to no comment. Still it’s not as though many people are watching, now why is that?

10 hours ago, ouch said:

See below

9 hours ago, tocha said:

It is up to the MC to explain what they mean but this is what they have said:

'A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury.'

It's clear as day to me that this clearly means as it says. 

The League Cup matches precede Premiership matches so the rule stats changes can't happen until after 25% of league matches. At no point does it say Premiership only. 

Belle Vue signing Zagar is illegal. Also, regardless whether Belle Vue offers a 28 day contract to a rider it to doesn't stand up within the rules. The contract issued by Belle Vue ISN'T a facility as Jake Allen didn't cover a previously declared rider. He becomes an officially declard rider. Zagar could be signed as a new 28 day facility but only if there's a genuine reason for Jake Allen to be missing, to which there isn't. 

No matter how you look at it, unless you're totally bias this deal with Zagar shouldn't be ratified according to the rules. 

This is British Speedway though so anything goes

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

See below

It's clear as day to me that this clearly means as it says. 

The League Cup matches precede Premiership matches so the rule stats changes can't happen until after 25% of league matches. At no point does it say Premiership only. 

Belle Vue signing Zagar is illegal. Also, regardless whether Belle Vue offers a 28 day contract to a rider it to doesn't stand up within the rules. The contract issued by Belle Vue ISN'T a facility as Jake Allen didn't cover a previously declared rider. He becomes an officially declard rider. Zagar could be signed as a new 28 day facility but only if there's a genuine reason for Jake Allen to be missing, to which there isn't. 

No matter how you look at it, unless you're totally bias this deal with Zagar shouldn't be ratified according to the rules. 

This is British Speedway though so anything goes

If that is the case as you interpret the rule if I was the BV Promoter I’d say ok then that’s it we pull out of the league we will sit out the 2022 season - see what happens then -basically the PL season is over 5 team league

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

If that is the case as you interpret the rule if I was the BV Promoter I’d say ok then that’s it we pull out of the league we will sit out the 2022 season - see what happens then -basically the PL season is over 5 team league

So be it - and ban the promotion from holding a license for life

9 minutes ago, Haza said:

Maybe they should pull out of the league if they can't adhere to the rules.. :blink: what would happen if life didn't have rules? :shock:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So be it - and ban the promotion from holding a license for life

Absolutely perfect close a track just because the club wants to put out a stronger side - just about sums British speedway logic up 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Haza said:

Absolutely perfect close a track just because the club wants to put out a stronger side - just about sums British speedway logic up 

It would be their choice - they could try not manipulating the rules instead

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

I'm unsure on the rule tbh.But if it is breaking the rule you can't just throw the toys out of the pram and well we will pull out of the league then.

21 minutes ago, Haza said:

Put it this way. This current Belle Vue team with Jake Allen wouldn't make top 4. Belle Vue illegally add Matej Zagar, this will push King's Lynn outside the Play-Off's. 

Is that right & fair??

Belle Vue should rightful continue until the 25% is completed with Jake Allen. 

Belle Vue could well still make top 4 from that point but then at least it's done in the correct way. 

Surely 5 league fixtures with Jake Allen isn't that much pain for Belle Vue? Then they can have a 15 meeting charge & prove themselves with Zagar

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Haza said:

Indeed...

And a side that is still within the team average allowed...

And done before the actual competition the rules pertain to, ie "The Premiership" has started.

• Haha 1