British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2022

Great reserve but as a 1 to 5 rider oops .With peoples disposable income taking a massive hit i fear this years team will put speedway lower on their list of where to spend it.

I m o this is the poorest team we have had since we moved to the NSS and it could not have happened at a worse time :sad:

Edited by B.V 72

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

Interesting comments from Jye in the press release.

“My main aim is to put a few more points on my average to get into the main body of the team and hopefully stay there

Lemon said he hoped Jye would get in the main body of the team when he is already in the main body!! Not sure Lemon has grasped that Blodorn and Brennan will start at reserve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

I m o this is the poorest team we have had since we moved to the NSS and it could not have happened at a worse time :sad:

How is it poor?   

Comparing to last year.....

Fricke is a like-for-like replacement for Bewley.   Kurtz, Wright, Brennan and Etheridge are the same people.     So the comparison is that you think Lebedevs and Blodorn are much poorer than Worrall and Worrall?   I'm not sure I'd agree.  I'd suggest they may be stronger....

Last year BV finished runners-up to Peterborough.  But while BV are stronger this year, Pbro are weaker due to experienced super-reserve Pedersen being replaced by inexperienced Basso, and all the other old-guard being another year older.

The only problem is that some of the other 4 teams may be stronger, and I'd say that applies mainly to Sheffield.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Or blodorn is not in the team no more

Does sound like it going by Jye's comments in the press release, Surely somebody would've told Jye that he's going to start in the 1-5 even if he didn't already know that himself.

3 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Fricke is a like-for-like replacement for Bewley.   Kurtz, Wright, Brennan and Etheridge are the same people.     So the comparison is that you think Lebedevs and Blodorn are much poorer than Worrall and Worrall?   I'm not sure I'd agree.  I'd suggest they may be stronger...

The only problem is that some of the other 4 teams may be stronger, and I'd say that applies mainly to Sheffield.

Yes Sheffield have put together an excellent septet, but do look weak at reserve. Fricke is ahead of Bewley currently so it could be argued that the team is stronger... all depends who the final rider is.

4 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Or blodorn is not in the team no more

You expecting him to be replaced by someone with a higher average than Etheridge then?

5 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

How is it poor?   

Comparing to last year.....

Fricke is a like-for-like replacement for Bewley.   Kurtz, Wright, Brennan and Etheridge are the same people.     So the comparison is that you think Lebedevs and Blodorn are much poorer than Worrall and Worrall?   I'm not sure I'd agree.  I'd suggest they may be stronger....

Last year BV finished runners-up to Peterborough.  But while BV are stronger this year, Pbro are weaker due to experienced super-reserve Pedersen being replaced by inexperienced Basso, and all the other old-guard being another year older.

And King's Lynn, they're certainly stronger than last year!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

And King's Lynn, they're certainly stronger than last year!

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Well maybe for the first month?!

Josh Pickering replacing Erik Riss

Iversen / Kildemand replacing Ben Barker

Richie Worrall replacing Kasper Andersen

Jack Thomas replacing Connor Mountain

How is that not far stronger than the wooden spoon team of 2021?

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Josh Pickering replacing Erik Riss

Iversen / Kildemand replacing Ben Barker

Richie Worrall replacing Kasper Andersen

Jack Thomas replacing Connor Mountain

How is that not far stronger than the wooden spoon team of 2021?

Well Iversen is certainly an improvement on Barker.  in 2021 Pickering was better than Riss.  R Worrall is better than Andersen.  Not sure on the other two, I've not seen enough of Mountain if I've seen him ever.

23 minutes ago, Col said:

Well Iversen is certainly an improvement on Barker.  in 2021 Pickering was better than Riss.  R Worrall is better than Andersen.  Not sure on the other two, I've not seen enough of Mountain if I've seen him ever.

Not difficult to be better than Barker, most heat leaders will be. 

Pickering is a improvement on Riss although I think Riss isn't terrible and is better than he showed last season. 

Richie Worrall is a good rider and a match winner on his day and much better than Andersen. 

Jack Thomas has a lot of potential and will be better than Connor Mountain next season. 

8 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

James Pearson belle vue asset

1 hour ago, KIRKYLANE said:

He is riding for Birmingham..on loan from Belle Vue

I didn't think clubs were allowed to sign foreign protected assets without them representing them immediately anymore.......

• Like 1