British Speedway Forum

Glasgow /Edinburgh Play Off SF 21 & 22 October

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm absolutely heartbroken :rofl:

I’m raging.

My invite was for the original date guess I will need to go to Armadale to soak up the abuse from the locals.

As long as they remember the fixodent I’m not too fussed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

In all seriousness yes we are stronger but Edinburgh are still favourites to progress.

This is the reverse psychology angle and covering all bases slant.

Reverse psychology? 
A rider who could barely get the bike turned last week who now all of sudden has his wedding out of the blue has been replaced by a rider who will more than likely score double figures. 20 point swing with him not riding.

Just now, Mr Blobby said:

Reverse psychology? 
A rider who could barely get the bike turned last week who now all of sudden has his wedding out of the blue has been replaced by a rider who will more than likely score double figures. 20 point swing with him not riding.

I feel your pain Blobby I really do.

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

In all seriousness yes we are stronger but Edinburgh are still favourites to progress.

This is the reverse psychology angle and covering all bases slant.

Said before can’t see Wells and Nicol riding as poorly at Armadale. Brennan riding so well just now. Reckon we need to score minimum of 41/42 at Glasgow to have a chance. Why did Heeps last ride this season?

52 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Surprise surprise no Nowak at Armadale this Friday as he’s apparently getting married and have Cameron Heeps as a guest. You honestly couldn’t make it up.

Most corrupt sport in history no wonder it’s dying.

The league cut-off date was 26/09. Perhaps if it hadn’t taken until 12/10 to complete the quarter finals, we wouldn’t be in this situation.

3 minutes ago, mac101 said:

The league cut-off date was 26/09. Perhaps if it hadn’t taken until 12/10 to complete the quarter finals, we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Blobby is hurting let’s tread carefully.

Thought we could have got better than Cameron Heeps , I’m sure with our influence we could have swayed Scott Nicholls.

• Like 1

Edinburgh have pulled equally iffy tricks in the past I’d say. It does make a bit of a mockery of things though. That said Heeps has a low average this season for a reason and might not fly out the traps as he’s bound to be a little rusty. It still strengthens the Tigers though no doubt - big night for Drew (again). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Agent Heeps should be under strict instruction. Nailed on for a 2022 Monarch’s team place I’d say unless the Tigers come waving their cheque book. 

I'd take a chance there will be the carrot if a team place for a good performance offered. Fits profile we've been looking for last few years

Just now, JanAndersen said:

Agent Heeps should be under strict instruction. Nailed on for a 2022 Monarch’s team place I’d say unless the Tigers come waving their cheque book. 

On his current average and rides Armadale well it’s a no brainier.

Hope he puts all thoughts of a return until  Friday is out the way though, pay him double points money for Friday that should sway it.

Just for the avoidance of doubt Marcin Novak is not “apparently” getting married on Saturday (copyright Edinburgh Speedway Official Website) he IS getting married on Saturday.  Just want to be clear on that point - and while we are at it this has been arranged for a while and not just since last Friday - yes I know it’s hard to believe that a wedding can take longer than 8 days to arrange.  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Reverse psychology? 

Are ye raging ? 

28 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'd take a chance there will be the carrot if a team place for a good performance offered. Fits profile we've been looking for last few years

Isn’t the Glasgow profile slightly washed up ex Monarchs? Not sure Heeps is at that stage yet. :D

Erik Riss more your sort of signing. 

18 minutes ago, tiger tiger said:

Just for the avoidance of doubt Marcin Novak is not “apparently” getting married on Saturday (copyright Edinburgh Speedway Official Website) he IS getting married on Saturday.  Just want to be clear on that point - and while we are at it this has been arranged for a while and not just since last Friday - yes I know it’s hard to believe that a wedding can take longer than 8 days to arrange.  

Shush now. Don’t you be going spoiling a dirty great conspiracy theory with the truth. Next you’ll be saying he was at Armadale last weekend ready to race, only to be thwarted by the rain…..

• Like 1