British Speedway Forum

Glasgow /Edinburgh Play Off SF 21 & 22 October

14 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Sorry but Mike Hunter has let himself down again with the post match press release. Personal opinions should not be included in these unless quotes from the team/ promotion

Agreed. Read like some bloke who has had a few pints spouting off in the bar after the meeting. For a commercial operation, does make you wonder if people read that and perhaps question how professional the approach is to the media at that particular speedway outlet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Sorry but Mike Hunter has let himself down again with the post match press release. Personal opinions should not be included in these unless quotes from the team/ promotion

Not sure why you think that...Which part did you have an issue with?
Was it the part where he said that Ricky Wells deserved primary credit? If so, I agree...Never rated Wells and yet it seems like Mike has a bit of love for him there :P

2 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Not sure why you think that...Which part did you have an issue with?
Was it the part where he said that Ricky Wells deserved primary credit? If so, I agree...Never rated Wells and yet it seems like Mike has a bit of love for him there :P

Haha remove your tongue from cheek you know exactly of what I speak :D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Give the man a break. There’s nothing better than a bad loser venting his spleen on a website. 
Maybe someone should feed him a dodgy burger and then see if there’s a lax rule that allows a guest reporter for today.

• Like 1

Thought we would’ve won by more on the night not that it would’ve mattered anyway. 

Weird bunch those tigers fans, same ones who were crying about certain things being said after the result last week chanting and doing the same thing this week. Not that I have an issue with it btw. Can’t take it then don’t give it out is what I’d say to those. 

Anyone mon the pirates, just for the play offs of course. :D

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Some consolation for last night is that even if we’d kept it reasonably tight it wouldn’t have been good enough. Glasgow far too good for us over the two legs and clearly had their baws kicked for the cup debacle. 

We’re going to need 15+ lead to take to Poole to have a chance in the cup 

I think the Tigers did get their arses kicked after last week's capitulation,  I know there was a lot of discussion re Cam Heeps at reserve for Marcin, however even taking his points out, Glasgow would still have gone through, puting our rivalry aside, I sincerely hope you do really well today against the Pirates , would love BOTH trophies to come to Scotland

34 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Thought we would’ve won by more on the night not that it would’ve mattered anyway. 

Weird bunch those tigers fans, same ones who were crying about certain things being said after the result last week chanting and doing the same thing this week. Not that I have an issue with it btw. Can’t take it then don’t give it out is what I’d say to those. 

Anyone mon the pirates, just for the play offs of course. :D

:t:

Let's hope there is no swearing at Poole fans from the Glasgow camp, like has been put up on twitter from one of the Edinburgh meetings apparently. 

Edit- there is a video clip from the victory parade. 

Edited by lisa-colette

22 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

I think the Tigers did get their arses kicked after last week's capitulation,  I know there was a lot of discussion re Cam Heeps at reserve for Marcin, however even taking his points out, Glasgow would still have gone through, puting our rivalry aside, I sincerely hope you do really well today against the Pirates , would love BOTH trophies to come to Scotland

Thanks. Good to speak to you last night at the end. Yes I think Tigers would still have gone through whether Heeps in team or not. Would like him back at the Dale next season on a 4.95 average but could be Glasgow bound. The damage was done in first leg. After meet cancelled last Saturday said Glasgow were favourites to go through. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Let's hope there is no swearing at Poole fans from the Glasgow camp, like has been put up on twitter from one of the Edinburgh meetings apparently. 

Saw the clip, and yes that was out of order, however you need to realise their is a fierce rivalry between both clubs and when the tigers were the poor relations for years, we Glasgow fans took an immense amount of stick, and now that Glasgow are doing well, some Monarch fans can't take it, and I assure you the abuse we got last week from some of those fans, I wouldn't even repeat and that was after we applauded their team for the win, so please don't judge us by one clip, there are good and bad fans in both camps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Where can I see it. Had a look on twitter.

Fierce rivalry or not no need for anything I've heard from both sides last few weeks. I'm all for celebrating but sore losers and sore winners ruining the whole atmosphere. Getting to stage not going to be away fans going which is what neither club wants. End of the day as the northern outposts of British speedway we need each other and everybody needs to realise that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Saw the clip, and yes that was out of order, however you need to realise their is a fierce rivalry between both clubs and when the tigers were the poor relations for years, we Glasgow fans took an immense amount of stick, and now that Glasgow are doing well, some Monarch fans can't take it, and I assure you the abuse we got last week from some of those fans, I wouldn't even repeat and that was after we applauded their team for the win, so please don't judge us by one clip, there are good and bad fans in both camps

Feel there is behaviour from a few teams fans that you would normally see at football matches. I go to football too and can see it creeping in. Social media doesn’t help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Fierce rivalry or not no need for anything I've heard from both sides last few weeks. I'm all for celebrating but sore losers and sore winners ruining the whole atmosphere. Getting to stage not going to be away fans going which is what neither club wants. End of the day as the northern outposts of British speedway we need each other and everybody needs to realise that.

Would agree Jaizer. I have to bite my tongue and not reply to some stuff on here too.

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

Feel there is behaviour from a few teams fans that you would normally see at football matches. I go to football too and can see it creeping in. Social media doesn’t help.

I agree, I don't like the football stuff coming into speedway, I was ranting at an Edinburgh fan calling us the unwashed on social media last week, I don't mind the banter, we both do it, but I hate the football stuff

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

Would agree Jaizer. I have to bite my tongue and not reply to some stuff on here too.

Like you've said it's a football atmosphere creeping in, don't like it at all. Stopped going to Ibrox as much for that very reason. Banters fine but some of the vitriol getting spouted just no need for

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Problem is it wasn’t a fan it was your team manager on the back of the parade truck giving people hand gestures. Then decided to give more abuse afterwards. 
Not exactly professional.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Problem is it wasn’t a fan it was your team manager on the back of the parade truck giving people hand gestures. Then decided to give more abuse afterwards. 

Haven’t seen it but suspect a lot of Glasgow fans would agree that he’s a balloon. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Exactly, that was why I said it was out of order, he should have been more professional,  the booing from fans doesn't bother me, that is just banter, but our team manager should not react .