British Speedway Forum

Glasgow /Edinburgh Play Off SF 21 & 22 October

25 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

So we go again. Glasgow perhaps favourites having home leg first.

Said that about the KOC semi and that turned out well.

Well it did for the Monarchs at least , don’t buy we are favourites at all Pickering won’t be as poor at Ashfield this time and that is bad news for us.

Wont be any more than 6-8 points between the sides before another second leg bottle job my opinion of course would happily like to be proved wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Said that about the KOC semi and that turned out well.

Well it did for the Monarchs at least , don’t buy we are favourites at all Pickering won’t be as poor at Ashfield this time and that is bad news for us.

Wont be any more than 6-8 points between the sides before another second leg bottle job my opinion of course would happily like to be proved wrong.

Wells and Nicol surely won’t be as poor again at Armadale Gazc. Interesting comment on Poole thread. Saying if weather forecast not great for Saturday at the Dale Poole riding on Friday too. A double header. Don’t know what to believe.

34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Friday best forecast. Thursday might depend how much water gets into the track between now and Wednesday night. Won't be much dirt on either track either

Have Glasgow got covers Jaizer? Forecast not too great for test match. Such a shame if cancelled.

Slight improvement in forecast for Glasgow on Thursday and Armadale Friday.

As Saturday has shown slight improvement for Poole match hoping Poole’s proposed wish for a Friday double header at the Dale won’t have to go ahead.

Fingers crossed that GB v Poland goes ahead and we are there on Thursday. A much better performance needed by Monarchs at Ashfield.

40 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

So Glasgow are at home to Edinburgh on Thursday? I've not seen this at all on social media/website.

On 10/17/2021 at 7:36 PM, Noelinho said:

Covers in use for Test match. Not sure who they belong to. Can’t find the Facebook post/comment where I saw it originally.

Covers belong to Edinburgh. Fixture is on British speedway website.

Edited by Endeavour
Addition

4 hours ago, scotchopper said:

I know Edinburgh live stream all matches soeverything including the Devils v Mildenhall will be streamed this week.  Anyone know if the Glasgow leg will be live streamed, to be fair they have been busy promoting and rearranging the poland test match i'm sure they'll have the stream for that

With the introduction of Covid passports on standing crowds of 500 or more I would hope the meeting will be streamed.

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

With the introduction of Covid passports on standing crowds of 500 or more I would hope the meeting will be streamed.

Outdoors standing the limit is 4000 before Covid passports. Even then they are only checking larger crowds at random despite the narrative.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Thought I saw on the news at the stadium I will not name for fear of bursting into flames they were only challenging in crowds over 10k at the moment

15 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Thought I saw on the news at the stadium I will not name for fear of bursting into flames they were only challenging in crowds over 10k at the moment

Who knows goalposts continually moved it is also been known for me to scan read things and pick it up wrong as MDs reply indicates :D.

• Haha 1