British Speedway Forum

GRAND PRIX CHALLENGE

4 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Lambert got the higher average in Poland. But seems to always start meetings off on the worst gates giving him bad starts. Then it’s hard to catch up. 

Last night he was on 10 points from 4 rides having won off gates 4, 1, and 2. In his 5th ride he was off gate 2 again.  Fricke and Jack Holder had also won from gate 2 during the meeting. So last night, at least, it wasn't a case of catching up, he was sitting in joint 2nd place with one race to go - heat 19. Heat 19 contained four of the best riders on the night and he couldn't do it. 

17 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Last night he was on 10 points from 4 rides having won off gates 4, 1, and 2. In his 5th ride he was off gate 2 again.  Fricke and Jack Holder had also won from gate 2 during the meeting. So last night, at least, it wasn't a case of catching up, he was sitting in joint 2nd place with one race to go - heat 19. Heat 19 contained four of the best riders on the night and he couldn't do it. 

That was the crux of it for me - the top six were a cut above the rest and while it was possible to win off the middle gates against the rest of the field, Lambert or Holder doing it in heat 19 against Jensen and Bewley was a very long shot. Luck of the draw.

Of course his only other dropped points were off gate three.....when in that race were Nilsson and Fricke off 1 and 4!  

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

I meant over the GP season In General. Not just last night. He was just unlucky to have gate 4 last night in the race that mattered 

16 minutes ago, davie10 said:

after watching the video that fence at glasgow is not good for riders at all thompson went in on his own and broke bones that should not happen and wouldn't have if it was an air fence imo

You're a brave man to have a negative opinion on anything, you're just 'on the wind up' clearly...

1 minute ago, davie10 said:

why tell it to thompson  that that fence is good !!

I completely agree with you, I'm not getting at you. But if you have a negative opinion on anything to do with last night's meeting, as I did, prepare to be shot down. It was the greatest racing ever witnessed on the best track ever laid apparently. Although Thomsen's injury may not be 100% down to the fence, he did go in pretty awkwardly, it was an awful injury and I really do feel for him.

Really pleased that Nilsson got through,  great to see an underdog make it by rights. 

Poles shown up again outside of Poland,  British tracks are not just flat-out and slick.

• Like 4

Today in polish tv Wozniak said that fence at Glasgow wasnt filled with air,like fences in Poland or in GP.He said that it was filled with some material and he compered this to "punching bag".And also he said that Thomsen broke his leg becouse of that fence.

Shocking if that's true..

Sorry for my english.

Edited by levybydg
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, levybydg said:

Today in polish tv Wozniak said that fence at Glasgow wasnt filled with air,like fences in Poland or in GP.He said that it was filled with some material and he compered this to "punching bag".And also he said that Thomsen broke his leg becouse of that fence.

Sorry for my english.

need i say more i was there when they installed it same as berwick total crap its a fence that the fim say is legal but has no protection for riders 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, levybydg said:

Sorry for my english.

Always best to try and avoid hitting any fence. Think Lynn have that too? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

And you can't really blame them for that! Saw on twitter Niklas Porsing moaning about the Glasgow fence not being straight. 

You can really, it was 2 freak accidents. I'd rather listen to my nan's thoughts on Glasgow than a failed mouthy speedway rider like Porsing.

• Like 3