British Speedway Forum

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

7 minutes ago, lionsroar said:

In an ideal world a 2nd ambulance would be a great idea . But it simply costs far too much. Having 2nd ambulances at meetings with simply cause a price increase to supporters to cover the extra costs incurred for an ambulance that would be used/needed once every few years. 

But even with a 2nd ambulance tonight’s meeting would have still been postponed because the paramedic would still have been in the broken down ambulance.

Who would have been driving the 2nd ambulance then?  Pretty sure he'd have been a paramedic and not the local binman surely? 

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

Who would have been driving the 2nd ambulance then?  Pretty sure he'd have been a paramedic and not the local binman surely? 

Not necessarily, could have been a technician.  The paramedic is in attendance as they can administer certain drugs, techs can't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

All joking aside have we ever witnessed anything as farcical as we are witnessing this season , surely the people running this shambles must realise there positions are untenable surely.

Untenable?

They are the ones voted in to the positions by all the others...

Presumably as they are regarded as the best... :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Even with 2 ambulances you would still only have 1 paramedic because thats what is required to run a meeting. Like tonight the paramedic was not the driver Usually private ambulances are driven by first aiders/ambulance drivers which are not qualified to treat like a paramedic. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gazc said:

All joking aside have we ever witnessed anything as farcical as we are witnessing this season , surely the people running this shambles must realise there positions are untenable surely.

The sport has reach an all time low( and that’s putting it mildly).Total joke,winning a Trophy is so hollow.It really is just 4 blokes doing 4 laps on a bike,so the fans are just turning up when there is nothing better to do and there is not a cloud in the sky.Sad times.It’s a bonus for me that I have seen some decent meetings at Ashfield this year as a neutral. 

• Like 2

Too much negativity on this thread. The AA van has just turned up to sort the RAC vehicle that broke down on its way to attend to the ambulance that broke down. The ambulance is now on its way to BP and will hopefully be there in time for the re-arranged meeting on Tuesday. As  precaution, Green Flag have been put on alert to cover all bases.

• Haha 3

Does anyone else think that this could be a betting scam? What odds would you have got at a bookies that the two home teams would lose their leg of the quarter finals of the play offs followed by the following leg being postponed due to lack of ambulance cover and both rearranged for next Tuesday? 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Does anyone else think that this could be a betting scam? What odds would you have got at a bookies that the two home teams would lose their leg of the quarter finals of the play offs followed by the following leg being postponed due to lack of ambulance cover and both rearranged for next Tuesday? 

Behave. By the way if you are interested in renting the Barbados villa I’m hopefully about to acquire , let me know.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

I think your timeline is a little bit out as I knew well before 6:30pm that the Ambulance had broken down and I’m only a mere mortal of a fan. 

Wow you found out before the club. I was stood next to Alan Jones,  just by the green container in the pits when he took the call at 18;45 from the paramedic saying that they had broken down.

11 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Wow you found out before the club. I was stood next to Alan Jones,  just by the green container in the pits when he took the call at 18;45 from the paramedic saying that they had broken down.

Nonsense I have a text from someone in the pits well before 6:30pm  confirming the Ambulance breakdown and also on this thread it was also mentioned well before the time you state. 

If the call didn’t come through until 18:45 as you say what was the reason the riders didn’t start to warm up their bikes then? Did you not think that odd ? Perhaps if you had asked why they were not preparing to race they would have told you! 

• Like 2