British Speedway Forum

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

I think the words "downward spiral" are a bit of a misnomer...

As it suggests that they still have some way to go to reach rock bottom..

They dont.... :D

I was trying to look on the bright side but my glass half full is now half empty.

• Haha 1

Is it worth my while going to Glasgow tomorrow or is there a chance Cookie could be abducted by aliens and it gets called off.

Far fetched some may say but anything is possible after the strange happenings of the last couple of nights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Is it worth my while going to Glasgow tomorrow or is there a chance Cookie could be abducted by aliens and it gets called off.

Far fetched some may say but anything is possible after the strange happenings of the last couple of nights.

You could buy a cheap ambulance and take it up there..

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Have you seen the spaceships too?

Heard on the PA on the way out they're going to try and arrange for tomorrow if they can get the staff... probably no Ellis or facility for him. 

Running out of weekends now I wonder if they'll run against the SoN next weekend. 

Think I'm gong to save my ticket for the semis now anyway

8 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

If you look on the BBC Sport website, speedway is not recognised but curling is. If you were in any doubt, tonight’s events tell you why.

A think curling is popular in Scotland, a think it was derived from sliding haggis' across frozen lochs in winter to help feed nearby neighbours? ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

If you look on the BBC Sport website, speedway is not recognised but curling is. If you were in any doubt, tonight’s events tell you why.

Wouldn’t take too much notice what the BBC think.

They thought Jimmy Saville was a nice guy enough said.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think curling is popular in Scotland, a think it derived from sliding haggis' across frozen lochs in winter to help feed nearby neighbours? ;)

It was until they decided it was cruelty to a haggis.

• Haha 1