British Speedway Forum

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

Many thanks to the riders that have said yes to guesting for us, but this is an embarrassing team put out.

Going to Leicester is hard enough, going up against 4 heat leaders, 2 riders that can score well(6-9 points) plus a RS that is a bit up & down with his scoring.

This team, put out by our Management, consists of 3 guests that, according to the October CMA's are no5 & 2 at no6 in their respective teams averages. Add that to our no2 & captain, our reserve that has been in that position all season through trying too hard early on, making too many mistakes, but has improved to gate better & being on the pace but gets over excited throwing points away & a talented 1* rated rising star that has just moved in to the main body, having an average of about 5.8 mainly through a home average about 8 & an away average about 3.5.

We will be lucky, and I mean VERY LUCKY, to score 19-21 points tonight unless Leicester, of course, knowing job is done, just go through the motions for a bit of fun.

I, honestly, feel sorry for the Leicester fans that turn out tonight to endure this miss-match.

Ellis is a poor excuse, deserves a ban. Obviously can't be arsed. He's British champ and Leicester fans would want to see him. So he's short changed them 

TJ is injured. So that's ok

Aarnio, is riding on continent so why as he not been Riding for scunthorpe 

Pijper as had his license taken off him for fighting at a British youth round I'm told. So he's banned 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Ellis is a poor excuse, deserves a ban. Obviously can't be arsed. He's British champ and Leicester fans would want to see him. So he's short changed them 

TJ is injured. So that's ok

Aarnio, is riding on continent so why as he not been Riding for scunthorpe 

Pijper as had his license taken off him for fighting at a British youth round I'm told. So he's banned 

Apparently Aarnio has fell out with Rob G

Edited by Ryan555

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What all these Visa stories that Scunny fans are defending.?

Well I’m a Scunny fan and Rob has still persisted in saying it’s Visa issues but talk on the terraces is that he’s fell out with him so pick which you like !

14 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Well I’m a Scunny fan and Rob has still persisted in saying it’s Visa issues but talk on the terraces is that he’s fell out with him so pick which you like !

Like I said before why are no other foreigners having problems,and nobody has come up with names that are also meant to have the same issue.Typical Speedway Promotion tell them anything and hope they will go away.It’s embarrassing for Scunny fan that line up tonight.

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Like I said before why are no other foreigners having problems,and nobody has come up with names that are also meant to have the same issue.Typical Speedway Promotion tell them anything and hope they will go away.It’s embarrassing for Scunny fan that line up tonight.

No doubt we will have another in depth interview linked up on here next season with a Promoter of a closed down track saying how surprised he was that he couldn't get enough people through the doors....

They just don't get it do they?

5 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Any other club puts a line-up that weak out, there'd be a meeting and potential fine soon after... Scunthorpe do it, I bet there's nowt...

I am sure the official ruling will be "it's in the interests of Speedway" to gloss over it....:D

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I think there must have been Visa issues because he got the local MP involved in trying to sort it out. Tero's last meeting was August 22nd if he had fallen out with him he could have brought Auty in who was at a some home meetings watching.