British Speedway Forum

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

There's no conspiracy theory though is there, somebody is telling lies and there should be an inquiry as it calls the validity of whole competition into doubt. 

As for lineups, well, some fans somewhere are going to be mugged off again. Either Lions & Scorpions fans with the non appearance of Ellis and/or the Thompson twins. Or the Kings & Cubs fans with the non appearance of the Thompson twins.

Kings and Cubs meeting will be without the Thompsons and Ryan Kinsley, who are on CL play-off duty.   Play-offs take precedence.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

Kings and Cubs meeting will be without the Thompsons and Ryan Kinsley, who are on CL play-off duty.   Play-offs take precedence.

So the fans lose out again

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

So Adam's father has confirmed he wasn't ill so I take back what I said about him, Godfrey has been outed as a liar I wonder what the truth is regarding aarnio,needs to be an enquiry and Godfrey should be fined and removed from the mc imo.

Leopards and spots springs to mind

It's outrageous really, what Godfrey has done is cheat in the quarter finals of the league play offs. If he knew Ellis wasn't available he shouldn't have accepted the match or accepted the fixture with no facility. 

There was a rumour that he was also going to accept the fixture on the previous Sunday, again without Ellis. It remains to be seen whether Ellis rides tomorrow or whether a facility will be granted. 

In any credible sport Scunthorpe would probably be given a points penalty next season and a hefty fine. 

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's outrageous really, what Godfrey has done is cheat in the quarter finals of the league play offs. If he knew Ellis wasn't available he shouldn't have accepted the match or accepted the fixture with no facility. 

There was a rumour that he was also going to accept the fixture on the previous Sunday, again without Ellis. It remains to be seen whether Ellis rides tomorrow or whether a facility will be granted. 

In any credible sport Scunthorpe would probably be given a points penalty next season and a hefty fine. 

Yet essentially many of the same people sit on the SCB and the BSPL, so it's unlikely. 

44 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I to take back my comments about Adam sorry Adam, but Godfrey should be ashamed of himself what a liar I’m glad he’s your promoter and not ours I’d like to see how he is going to squirm out of this one speedway supporters don’t forget what a liar.

He wont need to, it will be swept under the carpet as always.

I see they've invented a rule to try and let Godfrey off the hook

"Ellis was unavailable for Saturday’s postponed meeting and the inclusion of Jye Etheridge in his position was under the ‘no facility’ regulation whereby a club can only use a guest with an average at least 25% lower than a rider who is absent for reasons other than those which qualify for a full guest or R/R facility."

Doesn't take away the fact that somebody is lying though!

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

I see they've invented a rule to try and let Godfrey off the hook

"Ellis was unavailable for Saturday’s postponed meeting and the inclusion of Jye Etheridge in his position was under the ‘no facility’ regulation whereby a club can only use a guest with an average at least 25% lower than a rider who is absent for reasons other than those which qualify for a full guest or R/R facility."

Doesn't take away the fact that somebody is lying though!

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the referee make Scunthorpe change their guests around and r/r moved to 5 for Ellis? That's what it shows on updates website anyway so that particular excuse also sounds like BS

Or they originally declared R/R for Ellis at 1 then referee made them change it? So that all sounds like an excuse made up after the event to me

Edited by Jaizer

41 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the referee make Scunthorpe change their guests around and r/r moved to 5 for Ellis? That's what it shows on updates website anyway so that particular excuse also sounds like BS

Or they originally declared R/R for Ellis at 1 then referee made them change it? So that all sounds like an excuse made up after the event to me

Not the case I was there when the CofC told the Ref about the change in rider line up. The change was made by the Scunny TM not the ref.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W9 Lion said:

Not the case I was there when the CofC told the Ref about the change in rider line up. The change was made by the Scunny TM not the ref.

17 minutes ago, eric i said:

Where did it say Ellis was out with illness?

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It didn’t on the Scunny website it just said he was missing,but what facility is allowed for travelling to aFrench league match is the question that needs clarifying.IMO

Wasn't Hans Andersen missing as we was signed mid season with other booked/prior meetings? Was Kennedy signed but then had to sign someone else as he would not be there in time? How long was it before it was said D Thompson missing with "mystery" illness? Was it not Poole that signed TWO riders who were not available but used the rules to their advantage with guests?

Who said Ellis was ill?

Adam? No

His Dad? No

The Scorpion website? No http://scunthorpe-speedway.com/?p=13714

Rob Godfrey? No

Gail Godfrey(co-promoter)? No 

Scunthorpe Scorpion's Press Officer? No

Leicester's website preview? No http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/news.php?extend.31835.1

So only on the BSP Ltd website & here on the forum are posters saying "supposed" illness.

So who is to blame for the mis information?

Possibly "keyboard warriors" who hate almost every thing of Scunthorpe/Godfrey notification.

• Like 1