British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

53 minutes ago, HGould said:

I doubt the quality of Guests they have had to book have been "cost effective" at all - quite the opposite as they are hostages to mercenaries , no need to name names but a few will ask  and get top buck everywhere or try to!.

Clearly had Barker stayed out of trouble and Gilkes stayed fit they would have been very strong anyway. Losing MPT at the same time and Bowtell who was very strong at home and vastly improved in last few months he rode away was a clear blow too.

They would possibly prefer Redcar to finish 7th as Scunny don't have as many usable Guest options as others elsewhere have explained. 

If guests are not cost effective, I don't see why Kennett wasn't replaced? Don't tell me there weren't other riders available. 

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So I wonder if Richard Lawson will help or hinder the situation when he guests on Tuesday?

Who cares!

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If guests are not cost effective, I don't see why Kennett wasn't replaced? Don't tell me there weren't other riders available. 

Name the other riders that were available to at least give your comment some credibility. 

Edited by lewy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So I wonder if Richard Lawson will help or hinder the situation when he guests on Tuesday?

I can't imagine Redcar will cause an upset even if Lawson has a bad meeting but I expect he will have a good one as he probably could do with the cash as apparently good guests are very expensive! 

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I can't imagine Redcar will cause an upset even if Lawson has a bad meeting but I expect he will have a good one as he probably could do with the cash as apparently good guests are very expensive! 

Always running the risk of injury and missing the playoffs. 

Just now, foreverblue said:

No idea but if I was a promotor I am sure I could come up with some names. So you are saying there were no riders available on his average! 

I can't  think of any and nor can you, names on a postcard and for it to  Gary May. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No idea but if I was a promotor I am sure I could come up with some names. So you are saying there were no riders available on his average! 

I can tell you for sure Garry May has tried numerous riders but they don't want to come over 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

Wonder how many Poole assets have been told not to ride for other clubs. 

As for replacement for Kennett, Gary May has reportedly tried over a dozen and at least one wasn't allowed by BSPL. 

Usual arrogant twaddle from a Poole know all. 

Plymouth were told not to ask any of the poole  team to guest from the beginning of July 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

Wonder how many Poole assets have been told not to ride for other clubs. 

As for replacement for Kennett, Gary May has reportedly tried over a dozen and at least one wasn't allowed by BSPL. 

Usual arrogant twaddle from a Poole know all. 

Zero. 

• Like 1