British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

But he is in charge of appointments of referees what is he doing 300 miles from home with a scottish club its just madness.

All referees have to take at least one meeting at Plymouth during the season.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

Michael Palm Toft withdraws from the Championship Riders Championship tonight after just two rides... doesn't bode well for the playoffs :(

Although Rohan Tungate at Poole tonight. Not sure if he just watching, spannering or talking to Garry May about a team place ( as May is often at Poole meetings). ;)

11 hours ago, eric i said:

Did he do further damage in his crash at poole?

He spoke to a mutual friend about 15 mins afterwards and said that’s it for this season,it might have been a spur of the moment comment but he,s not doing himself or his body any good trying to ride through it.

30 minutes ago, Tracy Bird said:

He spoke to a mutual friend about 15 mins afterwards and said that’s it for this season,it might have been a spur of the moment comment but he,s not doing himself or his body any good trying to ride through it.

Told me he was struggling to put the bike where it needs to go.

I said you don't want to hurt yourself any further and his reply was I don't want to put anyone else in danger.

Likeable guy so feel for him

23 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Told me he was struggling to put the bike where it needs to go.

I said you don't want to hurt yourself any further and his reply was I don't want to put anyone else in danger.

Likeable guy so feel for him

Shame Lawson didn't have the same attitude. 

Hopefully Michael will come back stronger and fitter next season. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HGould said:

Shame Lawson didn't have the same attitude. 

Hopefully Michael will come back stronger and fitter next season. 

Give over lawson would never do anything like tht to another rider 1 of the least dirty riders there is 

Edited by mc131
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Am I correct in assuming if Berwick beat Scunthorpe tonight that’s the gladiators confirmed for the playoffs.

Technically No,but highly unlicky,results would really have to go against them.look at Redcar vs Scunny thread on forum.

Edited by Fromafar

23 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I think the answer is yes - Glads plus many guests will be in the top six CH likely to still have plenty of meetings left this year

CH's September average (8.98) is too high to guest for Plymouth. If Redcar don't qualify then CW would be an option, as would Oxford's Nicholls and  Brummies' Sedgeman.

If Scunny don't qualify then Douglas (9.38) is also too high.

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

CH's September average (8.98) is too high to guest for Plymouth. If Redcar don't qualify then CW would be an option, as would Oxford's Nicholls and  Brummies' Sedgeman.

If Scunny don't qualify then Douglas (9.38) is also too high.

Glads may not need guests if rumoured signings are correct