British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

Dry all day. Plymouth track is a disgrace. When Poole were down there a hole appeared on the third bend with billowing dust for the last few heats. The track man down there should be sacked. Clueless. Imagine the frustration of the Glasgow fans who have made the huge journey down? 

And don’t come back say the Poole track is crap blah blah blah.. Plymouth should hang their heads in shame.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Dry all day. Plymouth track is a disgrace. When Poole were down there a hole appeared on the third bend with billowing dust for the last few heats. The track man down there should be sacked. Clueless. Imagine the frustration of the Glasgow fans who have made the huge journey down? 

And don’t come back say the Poole track is crap blah blah blah.. Plymouth should hang their heads in shame.

He must have been the track man at Cardiff!

• Haha 4

Just got home well they made money off food from me so there’s something they got my first comments were said in the heat of the moment because visually it looked fine but obviously there was a problem just very annoyed as this fixture will now take place after the cut off period so it’s all or nothing next week no leeway I just don’t understand why they let people in for me I’m will wait until I hear the full story before I go to overboard.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Only caught bits from the grand monarch, but did he say they'd set fire to the track? Never heard of that before. Over watering or the weather got into it?

Yes, they set fire to straw that they put on the track to try and dry it out. Apparently someone then called the fire brigade about it 

Screenshot-2022-08-23-at-20-30-42.jpg

Edited by daz9100
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

That was before I got there so didn’t see that what’s wrong with good old sawdust 

Maybe you should offer to assist the club with their track prep as you seem to have some strong views about what happened and how it could be prevented.

• Like 1