British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

3 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

Must knock the motivation out of you before you start knowing payments are not  Still think Eds decision is similar to Lawson switch after signing. "Red Flags"

You really should wind your neck in,from what I've heard you more than contributed to the demise of Eastbourne with your constant whinging to the dugards:nono:

• Like 3

Could Jason Crump be persuaded to change his mind and swap the job at Oxford for one last tour? He didn't do himself justice last season after the pre-season injury and the prang at Monmore. All that's needed is someone who can get out of the gate and get some heat wins at home and occasional ones away. Plymouth were to a bit short-changed last season so it could be a chance to put that right and for Crumpie to have a better season as his riding farewell.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Could Jason Crump be persuaded to change his mind and swap the job at Oxford for one last tour? He didn't do himself justice last season after the pre-season injury and the prang at Monmore. All that's needed is someone who can get out of the gate and get some heat wins at home and occasional ones away. Plymouth were to a bit short-changed last season so it could be a chance to put that right and for Crumpie to have a better season as his riding farewell.

I would love for it to happen, but I can't see it. Jason Is based in the Northampton/ Peterborough area for 2022 which suits his current commitments & is perfect for Seth's road racing.

Not overly bothered at losing Kennett, I don't think he would ever have got close to his starting average, the timing though is pretty crap.

Keleher as suggested earlier would be a shocker. He was rubbish away and at home had a couple of half decent meetings but nowhere near good enough.

If Ellis could be convinced to sack off Dackarna we'd be talking! Could Bjarne fancy one more year? I'd choose him over Crump all day long. 

Outside of that we may be struggling. Ellis Perks out of retirement maybe?

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 5:55 PM, torpointfanatic22 said:

Not overly bothered at losing Kennett, I don't think he would ever have got close to his starting average, the timing though is pretty crap.

Keleher as suggested earlier would be a shocker. He was rubbish away and at home had a couple of half decent meetings but nowhere near good enough.

If Ellis could be convinced to sack off Dackarna we'd be talking! Could Bjarne fancy one more year? I'd choose him over Crump all day long. 

Outside of that we may be struggling. Ellis Perks out of retirement maybe?

Isnt he is Australia?

I believe a name has been put forward but because he races in Poland and Denmark the Bspa are being a bit funny about him riding here as well but as our promoter said why is it ok for Chris Harris to race in Poland and either Denmark or Sweden can’t remember which one plus France and not for the guy we want to do the same thing double standards methinks but I don’t expect anything else from the people who run our association im thinking a few people are worried about little old Plymouth.

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

I believe a name has been put forward but because he races in Poland and Denmark the Bspa are being a bit funny about him riding here as well but as our promoter said why is it ok for Chris Harris to race in Poland and either Denmark or Sweden can’t remember which one plus France and not for the guy we want to do the same thing double standards methinks but I don’t expect anything else from the people who run our association im thinking a few people are worried about little old Plymouth.

I'll always consider Plymouth my second team, despite them being literally the opposite end of the country, their track and set up and the area in general are amazing. I would love to know who this name is, however I don't think we ever will if the appeal isn't accepted. I look forward to seeing who signs though, good look Plymouth for 2022, either way yous look pretty strong to me :t:

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

There are a few others doing what Harris is doing .So don’t see how that is a problem.Just a rumour more like.

• Like 3

On 3/11/2022 at 8:15 PM, M.D said:

He works for Eastbourne sponsor Robins of Herstmonceux

He has worked with Robins for many years when his racing commitments have allowed but now he has a family & like all of us over the last few years has had to look at his life & reevaluate what is most important. if he has been offered a future proof position within the company then he would be foolish not to accept.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Technik said:

He has worked with Robins for many years when his racing commitments have allowed but now he has a family & like all of us over the last few years has had to look at his life & reevaluate what is most important. if he has been offered a future proof position within the company then he would be foolish not to accept.

Nobody is disagreeing with you,hopefully we can find an adequate replacement. 

• Like 2

I've heard a few names banded about, one of which as referenced above seems like a no-go despite what other riders appear to be doing.

Sadly I get the impression Plymouth are going to end up signing a somewhat inferior rider to Kennett which will undoubtedly leave Plymouth bottom 4 contenders rather than top 4 which is a shame given they were quick to get the team together and were well fancied.

As far as Kennett is concerned I don't blame him for choosing to step away from the sport, I can't help but think this wasn't something the promotion only found out about a couple weeks ago mind you and perhaps they could've moved quicker to find a replacement. Ultimately it's the fans that will be short changed with a below par team.

That said, and I think it's been said in other threads but when some teams have three number 1's in their team it can make it hard to find replacements for such an important position for other teams.

9 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

I've heard a few names banded about, one of which as referenced above seems like a no-go despite what other riders appear to be doing.

Sadly I get the impression Plymouth are going to end up signing a somewhat inferior rider to Kennett which will undoubtedly leave Plymouth bottom 4 contenders rather than top 4 which is a shame given they were quick to get the team together and were well fancied.

As far as Kennett is concerned I don't blame him for choosing to step away from the sport, I can't help but think this wasn't something the promotion only found out about a couple weeks ago mind you and perhaps they could've moved quicker to find a replacement. Ultimately it's the fans that will be short changed with a below par team.

That said, and I think it's been said in other threads but when some teams have three number 1's in their team it can make it hard to find replacements for such an important position for other teams.

Then they should put it in the rules! They have before, that's why Coventry had to choose between Hamill and Hancock. 

If a club has 3 no1's wanting to ride for them, it would take a strong person to say no. 

• Like 1