British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

25 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

I agree - Ruml was riding quite well at the end of the season and looked like he could have been a decent prospect, I can only assume Ruml and the last riders average don’t fit or maybe he didn’t fancy returning. It looks a more balanced team than last season

Would love to see a yank around the tricky track at Newcastle . Leicester .etc as it can only be good for the sport especially if the powers that be aren't prepared to give our youngsters ( up & coming ) a go as the rising star thing has been dropped .. so let's hope that our younger lads can have a decent season in the NDL & progress well enough to earn a championship ride in 2023 

Edited by Justgotmecpc

20 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He didn’t finish the season as a heat leader at Redcar.22nd in the Championship averages.Like I said on his day!

He finished the season as a Peterborough heat leader in the Premiership and I would think most Peterborough fans would have him back in a heartbeat considering how he rode with broken fingers. 

Just now, foreverblue said:

Even Craig Cook had  a bad meeting at Edinburgh last time so did Sam Jensen so maybe it's  a track where many away  riders have good days and bad  days. 

There's having bad meetings and there's not trying a leg at the back. Cookie was dragged out his sick bed and once tie was over didn't burst a gut. Sam no great on small tracks. 

21 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

That’s a team that will challenge for the title 

Really? Who's going to improve - Gilkes maybe? Atkins at a push? Barker, Kennett, Andersen are all decent riders but have reached their level. Interesting to see what Bowtell will do with no reserve rides.

Decent side but will be a few better I think.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Really? Who's going to improve - Gilkes maybe? Atkins at a push? Barker, Kennett, Andersen are all decent riders but have reached their level. Interesting to see what Bowtell will do with no reserve rides.

Decent side but will be a few better I think.

I can't see Kennett improving his average, but everyone else could do once they get dialed in on the unique Plymouth track. As long as they beat Poole @ Wimbourne road I will be happy as will many others! People have overlooked that Richard Lawson's 2021 season finished with injury, has he fully recovered? might take a while to get back in the grove.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

There's having bad meetings and there's not trying a leg at the back. Cookie was dragged out his sick bed and once tie was over didn't burst a gut. Sam no great on small tracks. 

Yes well I think MPT isn't keen on smaller tracks but when all is on the line MPT turns up, Craig Cook only turned up at Poole when the final was over. 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes well I think MPT isn't keen on smaller tracks but when all is on the line MPT turns up, Craig Cook only turned up at Poole when the final was over. 

So he's signed for Plymouth why then :rofl:

So in your opinion a rider with average more than a point lower than the others turns up more often? Haha aye nae bother pal lol

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

MPT guested for Berwick at Rye House a few seasons ago absolutely brilliant around there so can ride a small track with ease

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

So in your opinion a rider with average more than a point lower than the others turns up more often? Haha aye nae bother pal lol

No didn't say that, MPT has bad meetings so do many riders, Cook was awful for Kings Lynn that is why he was sacked then had some good meetings for Ipswich. Cook the hero out of his sick bed! Haha. He is always moaning and always has a excuse for a poor meeting. 

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No didn't say that, MPT has bad meetings so do many riders, Cook was awful for Kings Lynn that is why he was sacked then had some good meetings for Ipswich. Cook the hero out of his sick bed! Haha. He is always moaning and always has a excuse for a poor meeting. 

No you said MPT "turns up". If he turned up every meeting he wouldn't have a 7 point average!! My god you've some chip on your shoulder about cookie. Living rent free inside your head by sounds of it