British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Is that a... Rew boy?

He's far too good for the CL surely? And he's tied up in Polska, Denmark and (Sweden I think?) as far as I know?

Not so sure he's "far too good for CL" he's not exactly lighting the polish league up against some CL riders

As for Hellstrom, he must have improved his replying to messages over the past year if he's signed up in the UK already :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Probably wrong but don't they need to have been top 4 of a state or national final for Aussies?

I'm fairly sure there used to be an option for a visa if you had averaged over X (can't remember what X was...might have been 6) in one of the professional leagues on the Continent.

That wasn't normally one used by Aussies in the past as they came here first, but now it's getting more common to go to Poland or Denmark first.

Knowing what the rules are for EU nations now that we are out of the EU would be useful as well...I don't think it was ever made clear what Goret's qualifying criteria was.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HenryW said:

I'm fairly sure there used to be an option for a visa if you had averaged over X (can't remember what X was...might have been 6) in one of the professional leagues on the Continent.

That wasn't normally one used by Aussies in the past as they came here first, but now it's getting more common to go to Poland or Denmark first.

Knowing what the rules are for EU nations now that we are out of the EU would be useful as well...I don't think it was ever made clear what Goret's qualifying criteria was.

Goret is French they only abide by EU laws that suit them, otherwise anything goes!

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 6:46 PM, Skidder1 said:

Didn't Garry May say publicly that he would build the team for 2022 totally differently to this season!!

Most probably intends to start by avoiding signing riders with guaranteed earnings

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 6:06 PM, Jaizer said:

Probably wrong but don't they need to have been top 4 of a state or national final for Aussies?

Is this the same for all countries? Top 4 in the championships... I've heard that rule a few times now, but I'm not sure if it's always referring to Australia

It would be stupid though, because someone who finishes 5th in the Australian Championship is surely better than someone who finishes 4th in the Italian championship for example, but the Italian bloke is allowed a visa and the Aussie not? :blink: Hope that's not the case...

21 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Is this the same for all countries? Top 4 in the championships... I've heard that rule a few times now, but I'm not sure if it's always referring to Australia

It would be stupid though, because someone who finishes 5th in the Australian Championship is surely better than someone who finishes 4th in the Italian championship for example, but the Italian bloke is allowed a visa and the Aussie not? :blink: Hope that's not the case...

Suppose would need to question that Poole got a visa for the Czech that never appeared who was 8th or 9th in Czech championship. Maybe different for Europeans?

46 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Suppose would need to question that Poole got a visa for the Czech that never appeared who was 8th or 9th in Czech championship. Maybe different for Europeans?

Possibly is... I dont understand how all these Visas work. The sooner we reunite pangea the better I think...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CitizenTyler said:

No brainer that along with Atkins IMO he looked sharp first half of the anniversary meeting given his awful year of injury. 

Agreed I think Bowtell is on a 6.78 average next year ( could be very wrong, but his green sheet Column for a guest is  7.33 take 5% for home advantage then take 2.5% for being British) 

1 - Lawson - 8.73

2 - 

3 - Bowtell - 6.78 

4 -

5 -

6 - 

7 - Atkins - rising star 2*

based on 41 point last season means remaining is……. 23.49 for 4 riders