British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

On 8/21/2022 at 6:02 PM, Diamonds85 said:

Is that STILL happening?? When are they gonna make a decision either way... If the man is innocent he better be getting some serious compensation

Failed test doesn't mean innocent. The hearing will be to decide the level of punishment dished out and wether ignorance or bad advise were a factor which will reflect in any punishment handed down.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Failed test doesn't mean innocent. The hearing will be to decide the level of punishment dished out and wether ignorance or bad advise were a factor which will reflect in any punishment handed down.

So reading between the lines, he's failed and they're just waiting to dish out a punishment now? Seems to be taking forever either way, but then again everything always does

• Confused 1

I have to say, I’d be amazed if the Gladiators were able to sign anyone else. It’s been a struggle all year trying to replace Kennett let alone now also trying to replace Barker. With Berwick and Oxford out of the playoff race, they are some capable riders available for guest bookings namely Nicholls (only at home though if I’m correct?). Maybe if Hans and MPT are fit again, one guest and a R/R facility might be the way to go in the playoffs

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

So reading between the lines, he's failed and they're just waiting to dish out a punishment now? Seems to be taking forever either way, but then again everything always does

Don't think any signing is to replace Barker as Barker and Kennett are same average.

They can continue to use Guest for Barker in event he may be allowed to race after Hearing

15 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

I have to say, I’d be amazed if the Gladiators were able to sign anyone else. It’s been a struggle all year trying to replace Kennett let alone now also trying to replace Barker. With Berwick and Oxford out of the playoff race, they are some capable riders available for guest bookings namely Nicholls (only at home though if I’m correct?). Maybe if Hans and MPT are fit again, one guest and a R/R facility might be the way to go in the playoffs

Why would anyone be amazed.

The issue of finding riders has been POLISH and more importantly for PLymouth SWEDISH commitments.

A number of riders not previously available will now suddently be available.

It may be they could find another ace in the hole to replace Barker as well - who knows

Actually having spaces to fill may be a massive positive bargaining chip for them if they are prepared to splash out for a few meetings

4 hours ago, jbell1995 said:

I expect meetings are drying up abroad, so they won't to come over now 

• Like 1