British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2022

As our nearest and dearest, I'd love to see the Bears put out a very strong line up for next year. Always nice to have strong next door neighbours :D Probably way off reality, but this would be a cool line up to see

Redcar Bears Avg.
1 Charles Wright 8.28
2 Kasper Andersen 5.87
3 Erik Riss 7.84
4 James Sarjeant 4.16
5 Lewis Kerr 7.67
6 Norick Blodorn 4.00
7 Jordan Jenkins 3.70
  Total: 41.52
  Remaining: 0.48

I know James Sarjeant at 4 seems pretty terrible, but I'm thinking if him and Norick swap after the first set of averages come out, Norick and Erik would be a brilliant 3 and 4. Lewis is a decent number 5, Charles is a very strong number 1 and Kasper would be the best number 2 in the league by a mile.

If the Tommy Jorgensen rumours are true (and I hope they are) then possibly

Redcar Bears Avg.
Charles Wright 8.28
Jack Thomas 5.15
Kasper Andersen 5.87
Thomas Jorgensen 7.28
Lewis Kerr 7.67
Norick Blodorn 4.00
Jordan Jenkins 3.70

Or Adam Roynon rather than Jack Thomas? Probably miles off but either way, I'm excited to see the team tonight :t:

12 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

First rider announced as Jason Edwards.

Unexpected, but impressed last year on his rides around the MPA, particularly in the U21 meeting.

Roynon (surprising) and Kasper Andersen the next two.

Edwards is a top talent. Was unlucky to get released from both Eastbourne and Plymout last season. Another rider we were hoping to have back at Armadale.

• Like 1

Right having had time to think about the team, I expected 5 of the 7. Riss will hopefully have a better year back at Redcar and Kerr was a no brainer after the way he rode for us last year.

Pleased to see Kasper back, excellent around Redcar and seems to be improving.

Edwards, like I said on the earlier post, impressed me on his visits in the U21 and Julie Lewis meeting and will hopefully up his average.

Surprise is Roynon, can be good on his day but always a worry about his style and ability to stay fit. We shall see.

Should be competitive at home, not sure we will be one of the strongest teams on the road but a solid team that will entertain us I’m sure.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

Looks more balanced than team finished season with. Jenkins and Edwards impressed me when I saw them, might find it more difficult at reserve this season as most teams have strengthened there. 

Roynon be my one concern but if anyone due bit of luck in British speedway it's him!!

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Is Charles Wright in this Team.?

Yes, announced a while ago.

Comments re the weakness of the reserves are fair but both are young lads who are likely to improve and that’s part of the joy of speedway, watching young lads get better. 

Doesn’t look like a top of the table team, but certainly not weak if they all ride to their potential.