British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2022

7 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

You also faced a young James Pearson in only his 2nd meeting at PB....by the end of the season, I predict him to be handing out beatings to most opposition reserves....

For what its worth!

P.s Birmingham signing news is far more annoying from a B'ham fans point of view! :D

Well yeah I can imagine it’s rather annoying from Birmingham fans point of view 

Edited by Ryan555

44 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Well yeah I can imagine it’s rather annoying from Birmingham fans point of view 

Its just the fact that we were lied to...took us for mugs!

I've been going to Bham for 51 years and can't ever recall something like this.

I wont be going again whilst Rogers is running the show. (I'm not alone with this stance...)

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Its just the fact that we were lied to...took us for mugs!

I've been going to Bham for 51 years and can't ever recall something like this.

I wont be going again whilst Rogers is running the show. (I'm not alone with this stance...)

About the 5th time you have said that this season… 

On 5/16/2022 at 4:40 PM, Ryan555 said:

From a Scunthorpe fans point of view the Birmingham signing news is slightly annoying given we had to face Birmingham with Adam Ellis and and the rest will face them with Justin Sedgmen I think I know which rather face but that’s the way it goes 

Sedgmen 14 from 5 rides at Oxford tonight probably better than gating tart Ellis would have scored

• Like 4

13 hours ago, OldtimerRay said:

Sedgmen 14 from 5 rides at Oxford tonight probably better than gating tart Ellis would have scored

3 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

I’m well aware I’ve been made to eat my words !

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

You ain't alone mate....I don't think any speedway fan in the country would've predicted Sedgemen to score more than Ellis would have!

Even though he had a decent season in Australia, Sedgemen made it clear he was not interested in coming over this year why is why some teams did not approach him.

It has only been a change in mind by the rider & circumstances for other riders that Birmingham have took a chance & Sedgemen has repaid them with a very good return.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Even though he had a decent season in Australia, Sedgemen made it clear he was not interested in coming over this year why is why some teams did not approach him.

It has only been a change in mind by the rider & circumstances for other riders that Birmingham have took a chance & Sedgemen has repaid them with a very good return.

Was one of his main reasons that he couldn’t make it pay only riding in  1 League.

23 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

On speedway GB website it seems to say that Kinsleys injury will put him on the sidelines for 6 weeks so think we will only use guests however that will be a task in itself given his average and our Friday race night 

"sensible guest options"

Jason Edwards, Henry Atkins, Nathan Ablitt, Harry McGurk, Danny Phillips, Tom Woolley, Greg Blair, Luke Crang, Connor Coles, Tom Spencer, Nathan Stoneman, Jake Mulford, Alex Spooner, Sam McGurk & Joe Alcock.

Plenty out there, not likely to score many, but neither was Kinsley tbh, so not a great loss to the teams strength in my view 

If they were going to sign an injury replacement I'd have gone with Jake Mulford!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's tall order for Scunny to make the playoffs now, as predicted at the start of the year, away form has let us down. Is it worth bring in ty procter at reserve for kennedy, knowing realistically we need to win at Berwick and Redcar. We could maybe bring in Anders Rowe for Coles.

Edited by eric i

10 minutes ago, eric i said:

It's tall order for Scunny to make the playoffs now, as predicted at the start of the year, away form has let us down. Is it worth bring in ty procter at reserve for kennedy, knowing realistically we need to win at Berwick and Redcar. We could maybe bring in Anders Rowe for Coles.

Proctor is injured,don’t think he will ride again this season.

5 hours ago, eric i said:

Anders Rowe was selling his van last week!!!  And Proctor is carrying injuries which make it too painful to race.

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Anders Rowe was selling his van last week!!!  And Proctor is carrying injuries which make it too painful to race.

He’s still got his ride in the Premiership I’m sure it won’t be long before he’s snapped up by someone in the championship he’s got plenty of talent