British Speedway Forum

GB V Poland - Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Ashfield, Glasgow

On 10/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, racers and royals said:

No idea - you can translate what i read on the PZM site as well as i can. Don’t forget that the PZM were almost certainly involved in the  negotiations    for the Polish national team riding in the match and TV/ internet would have been part of the discussion.( match is not on Polish TV schedule).

Is there any more info on this from PZM R&R? Seems to have gone quiet. 

41 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No- i checked the PZM and Sportowefakty websites earlier- one thing i do know is that  the Poles will not pay the ZL equivalent of £15 to watch it !!!- they will say stick it !!!!

You can't blame them, I'm not enticed at that price either.. 

Well I have paid £15 to watch it. 
I suspect it’s cheaper then paying to see “live”, and as I live 200 miles away I can sit in my comfy chair as well.

Supporters on here say British Speedway is not worth paying £20 to see 15 minutes of “entertainment”.     
So what would they pay to see top class world champions…. I counting 7 (maybe more) between the two teams.. that is including under 21, team/pairs, individual. £15 too much.!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Polish post- translated

It was supposed to be £ 15, just like every game against Glasgow, but due to Poland and the huge difference in the exchange rate (for us it would be PLN 80!), The price for such an event was reduced to only £ 5 (about PLN 25), so it was very cheap as for most PPV. And the spectacle promises to be quite big, the track is fantastic, and the competitors, even though it is a social competition, will go all the way because this is the last competition and the equipment does not need to be spared. Champions with runners-up. Presentation with both anthems before the game. I invite you to the last transmission of SPEEDWAY in 2021. Additionally, you will be able to choose a commentary in English with Pearson or Polish with Tomasz Lorek!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

As i`m not Polish - nor have a VPN then the answer is  no- and just so you know i pay for SKY, Eurosport, BT and Fanseat(Sweden).

What is fanseat (out of interest)?

I'm the same as you except I have Premier Sports instead of fanseat.

Don't think I will bother with the stream (probably watch the football instead) since Tai is out. Would probably have got it if Cook etc were the replacement but not with Pearson on commentary and Harris riding. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sparks123 said:

What is fanseat (out of interest)?

I'm the same as you except I have Premier Sports instead of fanseat.

Don't think I will bother with the stream (probably watch the football instead) since Tai is out. Would probably have got it if Cook etc were the replacement but not with Pearson on commentary and Harris riding. 

Fanseat took over from ESS play- https://www.fanseat.com/speedway

i can watch every Swedish top league match and French league( only pay during the season)