British Speedway Forum

GB V Poland - Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Ashfield, Glasgow

9 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

If you read the original link it is 6 man teams featuring the GB and Polish SoN squads. So as others have posted The GB squad is likely to be Woffinden, Lambert, Bewley ( 2 of whom will be used in the Belle Vue meetings) and two U21's , one of whom will make the team at Belle Vue, probably Tom Brennan. The 6th rider will presumably be someone like Adam Ellis.

Yep, if I'd read it properly in the first place I'd have seen that  :oops:

14 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Too far? It's not too far for Scot's to travel to Manchester for big meetings.

400 plus miles there and back in October?

With only a 50/50 chance of meetings taking place this month I would say if the past couple if weeks are anything to go by..

Going to the SON both days and that is a ten mile round trip.

And that gives me doubts... :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Yes I do :)

So you will know that there is a rail strike that day so no trains to Ashfield Station, that some motorway slip roads are closed which helps clog up the roads even more and that the 'rush hour', even in normal circumstances, can be a real pain. Starting the match earlier would mean many of the crowd having to take a half day off work. 

10 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

So you will know that there is a rail strike that day so no trains to Ashfield Station, that some motorway slip roads are closed which helps clog up the roads even more and that the 'rush hour', even in normal circumstances, can be a real pain. Starting the match earlier would mean many of the crowd having to take a half day off work. 

Bus it is then:(

Still standing tickets available, just bought 2 having seen the lineup. Pray for dry weather.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:29 PM, SharpenRake said:

Damn!!

23 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Will this test match be available to pay and watch remotely as they did for the gp challenge qualifier.

Yeah I'd assume will be streamed. Musielak was on another level at the qualifier on borrowed machinery. And he's what 4th or 5th in terms of international recognition. Hope weather behaves will be great meeting

Clearly the Poles are taking this seriously bringing over Musielak as their 6th rider when they could easily have used Glasgow's Marcin Nowak. Musielak was unbelievable in the Grand Prix Challenge using Brady Kurtz's bike, so goodness knows what he'll be like if he has his own machine! 

Just hope the weather is kind. The weather has been unpredictable recently with it pouring with rain in one part of the City and dry in another so fans shouldn't assume if it is raining where they live or if approaching Glasgow that it will be raining at the track but then again .........