British Speedway Forum

GB V Poland - Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Ashfield, Glasgow

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Will the FIM announce is exactly 6 days before? Or will they announce it as soon as they sign off the squad?

It's the shape more than anything :D I can see him trying one of his dive bomb manoeuvres down the back straight and ending up in the overflow car park :D

I don't think there'll be any racing at Brough this year anymore, after all the shale people took on the track walk :rofl:

If he tried one of his dive bomb manoeuvres he’d probably end up in Newcastle s town centre lol

5 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Considering Glasgow could still have four home matches to race and winter weather coming surely this meeting is a bit pointless.

I'm sure Tigers' fans would rather see their team especially when things could get expensive?

If the track is prepared and raceable, I don’t really care if I watch the Tigers or anyone else round Ashfield. I’ll gladly pay my money and watch, because it’s always an entertaining track.

Though it would be nice to see four more home matches for the Tigers…

• Like 1

Too far to go, but would definitely pay for a stream if no TV coverage..

Well done Glasgow...

Let's hope for no 'cry offs' and the best half dozen from both nations attend...

Could be a cracking night..

7 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Considering Glasgow could still have four home matches to race and winter weather coming surely this meeting is a bit pointless.

I'm sure Tigers' fans would rather see their team especially when things could get expensive?

There's nothing pointless about seeing the calibre riders that would be on show in this.

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Too far to go, but would definitely pay for a stream if no TV coverage..

Well done Glasgow...

Let's hope for no 'cry offs' and the best half dozen from both nations attend...

Could be a cracking night..

Too far? It's not too far for Scot's to travel to Manchester for big meetings.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Ah cheers, so perhaps 7 or 8 man teams with U21's as reserves.

If you read the original link it is 6 man teams featuring the GB and Polish SoN squads. So as others have posted The GB squad is likely to be Woffinden, Lambert, Bewley ( 2 of whom will be used in the Belle Vue meetings) and two U21's , one of whom will make the team at Belle Vue, probably Tom Brennan. The 6th rider will presumably be someone like Adam Ellis.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

If you read the original link it is 6 man teams featuring the GB and Polish SoN squads. So as others have posted The GB squad is likely to be Woffinden, Lambert, Bewley ( 2 of whom will be used in the Belle Vue meetings) and two U21's , one of whom will make the team at Belle Vue, probably Tom Brennan. The 6th rider will presumably be someone like Adam Ellis.

6 man teams...the 5 SoN squad members from each Nation, so 1 rider needed on each side.
What are the chances that it'll be Glasgow riders added? Cook for GB and Nowak for Poland?

• Like 2