British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 2022

9 hours ago, spiegal said:

we have 2 elderly clients who wish to buy cardiff tickets..we can do this for them but how do they get the documents

They do not have any mobile phone..but they do have an email contact

Would some kind person please advise best way round this rediculous situation ??

Regards

James

Ask Mark from Lewes.He has the answers to a similar issue I bought this up earlier this year on this thread.Check out page 6 of this thread:unsure:

Edited by bluejam

48 minutes ago, davidba said:

I'm sure I'm in a minority of one, but I can't make the GP but want to come to the U21 meeting on the Sunday. Are there tickets available just for the Sunday?

I don't know, but I'm thinking the answer to your question is a no. 

However what you could do, if you haven't thought of this already, is to buy the cheapest ticket you can for the Saturday, which should be £20 plus the usual bull extras, and that will allow you in to Sunday for "free".

Sunday is unreserved seating. 

Pay for the worst seat on Saturday, turn up early Sunday and sit in the best seat in the house! 

Now it might ultimately turn out you can buy tickets for Sunday alone, and they may just be a tenner, for example, but my suggestion would work, I believe. 

Edited by Joseq7

12 hours ago, davidba said:

I'm sure I'm in a minority of one, but I can't make the GP but want to come to the U21 meeting on the Sunday. Are there tickets available just for the Sunday?

Probably loads not bothering with the Sunday - someone may meet up with you Sunday morning to give your their ticket? 

11 hours ago, Noodles said:

Probably loads not bothering with the Sunday - someone may meet up with you Sunday morning to give your their ticket? 

No physical tickets for Cardiff all on an app on your phone !!! Gonna be fun and games when more people realise 

2 hours ago, Neila said:

No physical tickets for Cardiff all on an app on your phone !!! Gonna be fun and games when more people realise 

Is there an alternative for people who don't use smart phones ?

As I don't have a smart phone,  I won't/can't go. So with my wife and grandson that is three less on the attendance figures. Stupid idea. Would be interesting to see how many of us old un's who do not do modern technology don't bother going.

Edited by ElmParkRG2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ElmParkRG2 said:

As I don't have a smart phone,  I won't/can't go. So with my wife and grandson that is three less on the attendance figures. Stupid idea. Would be interesting to see how many of us old un's who do not do modern technology don't bother going.

Agreed, it is a stupid idea.

If what I saw last night at Old Trafford, it isn't just the 'old uns' who don't do modern technology, and Manchester United at least acknowledged the smartphones part of it.

I bought a ticket for the FA Youth Cup and it arrived by email.

The email was encouraging me to download my ticket into my digital wallet and produce it at the turnstiles on my smartphone.

There was though the option to print at home for 'those fans who do not possess a smartphone'. 

A good job there was that option too. Looking at those in the block where I sat, there were as many folks of all ages clutching printed tickets as there were holding a smartphone as they located their seats.

19 minutes ago, ElmParkRG2 said:

I would think it's quite a few, i,m going this year so will be interesting to see what the attendance is.

11 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Every ticket I've had for various events has had the option of printing out. Also if you save to Drive I'm sure it gives you the option to printout.

Looking here: FIM Speedway GP 2022 Ticketing Information - Help Centre (principalitystadium.wales) it would seem that the only option you have is on a phone app. If you don't have that, I guess you need to go to the ticket office upon arrival.

What happens if I lose my phone prior to the event?

Please visit the WRU Ticket Office which is located between gates 3 & 4 of Principality Stadium on Westgate Street. 

What happens if my phone battery dies before the event?

Please visit the WRU Ticket Office which is located between gates 3 & 4 of Principality Stadium on Westgate Street. 

It seems that this is a Principality Stadium thing rather than a Speedway GP organisers thing.

Welsh Rugby Union | Wales & Regions | Digital Ticketing (wru.wales)

On 5/12/2022 at 4:06 PM, GregoryM said:

Agreed, it is a stupid idea.

If what I saw last night at Old Trafford, it isn't just the 'old uns' who don't do modern technology, and Manchester United at least acknowledged the smartphones part of it.

I bought a ticket for the FA Youth Cup and it arrived by email.

The email was encouraging me to download my ticket into my digital wallet and produce it at the turnstiles on my smartphone.

There was though the option to print at home for 'those fans who do not possess a smartphone'. 

A good job there was that option too. Looking at those in the block where I sat, there were as many folks of all ages clutching printed tickets as there were holding a smartphone as they located their seats.

Makes total sense..  

Phones can break or have no battery charge or get nicked or lost...

"My ticket was on my phone. Honest!" Might not get you in..:D

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any idea why Friday Qualifying is not open to public this year? It might not be the most thrilling spectacle, but interesting from a Speedway nerd perspective! Shame can't get in, was a nice start to the weekend last time!