British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 2022

1 hour ago, chunky said:

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes! From what I've seen of him this year, he is absolutely incredible! That was something special!

Just proves what can be done when you go out and ATTACK the track; Bewley and Holder have shown that...

Me too :D, loved that, if the Poles gated on him they may have made it, difficult, either way Dan IS The Man of Cardiff 2022.  Get in !...

Remember the night he crashed at derwent park that little kid who we saw standing next to us on the first corner i feared for his future,take a big bow Steve lawson it all started with u a nicer guy you will not meet and am proud to say i beat him many a time on the cycle tracks round comet land lol

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jrs said:

Bewley Lambert , one two for me in either order  ;)

Well at least Dan did his bit for my prediction.  You really couldn’t have a nicer guy to win it !  World Champion for 2023. ?  That’s worth a punt, he has that all round ability now and he could win the championship without actually winning a grandprix.

Congratulations Dan, you won it fair and square :cheers:

• Like 3

Please Please Please move the British GP AWAY from Cardiff.

That was the first GP I've missed there in about 12 years as it had lost its appeal and sadly I was proven right in my decision.

The crowd level is no longer high enough to justify the event being held there & the track was disgusting & unfit for purpose as it endangered the lives of the competitor's.

Disgraceful, embarrassing & totally unprofessional.

So it's got a roof? The only other stadium is Warsaw with a roof. Get back to a track that isn't temporary & a stadium that will fill unlike Cardiff which is two thirds empty.

Embarrassing attendance, embarrassing track.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Turnip said:

Please Please Please move the British GP AWAY from Cardiff.

That was the first GP I've missed there in about 12 years as it had lost its appeal and sadly I was proven right in my decision.

The crowd level is no longer high enough to justify the event being held there & the track was disgusting & unfit for purpose as it endangered the lives of the competitor's.

Disgraceful, embarrassing & totally unprofessional.

So it's got a roof? The only other stadium is Warsaw with a roof. Get back to a track that isn't temporary & a stadium that will fill unlike Cardiff which is two thirds empty.

Embarrassing attendance, embarrassing track.

They have the nerve to say that it is the Premier Grand Prix on the circuit that everyone looks forward too.

• Like 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

They have the nerve to say that it is the Premier Grand Prix on the circuit that everyone looks forward too.

Exactly, wot a load of marketing nonsense that is. And it was supposed to celebrating 20 years of being at Cardiff?????? Oh me lordie wot a complete egg on face! They shud've had Ronnie O'Sullivan playing frames of snooker against the rider's rather than that shambles.

• Haha 1

I knew everyone would be complaining, but I had a great time.

Took my son's mate, who is 18. He loved it too and couldn't believe how skilled they were.

By the end he was booing Madsen for taking his time choosing a gate position and chanting "Bewleeey, Bewleeey" along with everyone.

Sorry about that.

• Like 4

I wonder how many years on the contract to hold the gp in Cardiff.?  With that field of riders that should have been a cracking meeting, alas it was far from it.

They got to use Belle Vue, there will be more passes on one lap than the whole 23 races tonight at Cardiff.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 1