25 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

SR1. Jack Holder (Australia)
SR2. Dan Bewley (Great Britain)
SR3. Andzejs Lebedevs (Latvia)
SR4. Jakub Miskowiak (Poland)
SR5. Mads Hansen (Denmark)
SR6. Luke Becker (USA)
SR7. David Bellego (France)

Miskowiak is riding tomorrow in SGP 2 so should be around- but not 100% sure what happens at this late stage- normally no chance of a substitute rider being around but in this instance he is.

Although he wouldn’t replace the GB wildcard anyway. Step forward Chris Harris !!!

• Like 1

Hasn’t the meeting officially started at this point, with the practice being yesterday? So the reserves will take Ellis’ rides. It’s a shame either way with such a fuss being made about who should be the WC and thenEllis gets his opportunity only to get hurt. If he rides, he was bound to struggle anyway and yesterday’s fall will only put him even more off the pace. 

I might be speaking out of turn here, But as I see it Adam Ellis was signed prior to practice & received an injury after an on track incident. The result is that he is signed on for the event & can only be replaced by another that is signed on which would be either of the track reserves. I don't think the SGP reserves would be eligable as they are not signed on for the SGP event only SGP2.

I understand that Ellis wants to be in the GP but I don't think it's a good idea to ride with such an injury. I would hope he withdraws if it is a fracture & allow another young Brit the chance of a full 5 rides at Cardiff.

I don't want to see him come out & do half a lap & collapse in pain on the back straight & the reserves share his remaining races or worse that he has another crash & possibly hurts others 

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Although he wouldn’t replace the GB wildcard anyway. Step forward Chris Harris !!!

If your not sure god help the rest of us. 

Be interesting to see what happens. 

Bomber would be very popular 

Might be best for Brennan to focus on tomorrow. 

31 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

In that case if Ellis is injured I hope he does quarter of a lap in his first ride then pulls out so that Brennan and Flint can have a couple of rides each. If a WC gets injured in the lead up to a GP the hosting country should be able to nominate another one. 

Anyway I hope Adam is OK and can ride.

That would also make a lot of sense from Adam's sponsors' view. They would at least get some tv publicity.

I'm sure Adam would have a few new sponsors and spent on machinery and equipment upgrades so at least they would get something out of it.

Hope he is fit enough to at least start the meeting.

12 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

They didn’t let his mechanics & van through at Calais. 

Maybe French Customs were doing their bit to get David Bellego into the meeting?

Luke Bekker being based in the UK would be the obvious replacement if required though.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

In that case if Ellis is injured I hope he does quarter of a lap in his first ride then pulls out so that Brennan and Flint can have a couple of rides each. If a WC gets injured in the lead up to a GP the hosting country should be able to nominate another one. 

Anyway I hope Adam is OK and can ride.

I don't care whether it is Ellis, Miskowiak or Brennan but I'd rather have a proper competitor taking five rides than a rider taking the piss, pulling out after half a lap and leaving us with reserves.

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I don't care whether it is Ellis, Miskowiak or Brennan but I'd rather have a proper competitor taking five rides than a rider taking the piss, pulling out after half a lap and leaving us with reserves.

Apparently whilst he got to Cardiff, his bikes didn’t. Then he used Max Frickes bike to do a slow lap of qualifying…… presumably he had to do that to satisfy rules or suppose he would not be allowed to start tonight. Hopefully his bikes will have arrived today.            

Can’t blame any of the other competitors lend him a bike to ride hard in qualifying, he may blow an engine or fall off wrecking it. So good of Max to lend a bike to do what I suppose the rules require……. enter the qualifying arena, which he did.

I would imagine if Lebedevs can’t ride then Tom Brennan will get his rides as being first meeting reserve….. the meeting having started by the qualifying on Friday.

• Thanks 1

I'm pleased that Ellis is fit to go, it would have been sad if he'd missed it. I thought Flint was going well in qualifying.  Bewley Lambert , one two for me in either order  ;)

Edited by jrs

Heard on BBC Radio2 this morn "we are on our way to the Principality Stadium in Cardiff for the Speedway GP, shout out to all the riders", from Martin Jones think it was, either way good on him.  Tough luck for Ellis after all the issues re; missing last year & British Final....

2 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

They didn’t let his mechanics & van through at Calais. 

I imagine he’s not done the carnet process, which started after brexit last year, we also had to start doing it for our motor racing, basically a big long tedious list of what you have in you’re van or truck. Another reason why riders are less keen to ride over here