British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 2022

42 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Totally sympathise. After trying to help you thought I'd just check mine, got the nice pretty colour thing in middle of screen, turned phone off and on, lovely that worked then needed a password which I don't ever remember entering. Anyway went through everything I could think off then emailed seetickets, as yet no reply from them but I had another think and struck lucky with a password.  If I go next year I'm buying tickets on the gate this year was too much stress. Let's hope Cardiff doesn't get rained off, (joke I hope) 

If you close the open App on your phone rather than minimise it, then re-open it, the tickets will show.

It's like a little bug in the App but easy to work around once you've sorted out how.

One member of our group doesn't have a phone, hence no ticketing app.

As all the tickets cufrently show in my app (I.e I'm the lead booker) I'm guessing I can simply show the ticket on their behalf but I can't see that confirmed anywhere. Does anyone know?

Actually, on further thoughts it might be easier to just to show the tickets on my phone for the whole group rather than getting everyone else to download the app and going through the transfer process.

My lord they've made this more complicated than it needs to be! :) 

To be honest with the mess they appear to have made with the ticketing, Cardiff City FC being at home on the day of the GP (so the excellent park & ride option that stadium provides will not be available) plus a rail strike which will mean a significant increase in traffic, I think I’m just going to settle for watching it on my lap top and save all the hassle. 
But for all who are going hope you enjoy the day and the racing is good :t:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grachan said:

I get that sometimes. Restart the phone. (or, if you can do it, find the open part of the app and fully close it by clicking the "X", then re-open it)

It happens if you close the tickets link but leave the actual app open.

They are still there. You can also get them back by clicking the two bars next to the "X", which will re-open the wallet.

You can't fail with the trusty turning it off and turning it on again method though!

Thanks will try it next time it happens but at the moment the tickets are there.

8 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Totally sympathise. After trying to help you thought I'd just check mine, got the nice pretty colour thing in middle of screen, turned phone off and on, lovely that worked then needed a password which I don't ever remember entering. Anyway went through everything I could think off then emailed seetickets, as yet no reply from them but I had another think and struck lucky with a password.  If I go next year I'm buying tickets on the gate this year was too much stress. Let's hope Cardiff doesn't get rained off, (joke I hope) 

Same here IF i go next year i,m buying tickets on the gate. I don't normally get stressed about much but this ticket farce has really got to me.

4 hours ago, Moonfish said:

One member of our group doesn't have a phone, hence no ticketing app.

As all the tickets cufrently show in my app (I.e I'm the lead booker) I'm guessing I can simply show the ticket on their behalf but I can't see that confirmed anywhere. Does anyone know?

Actually, on further thoughts it might be easier to just to show the tickets on my phone for the whole group rather than getting everyone else to download the app and going through the transfer process.

My lord they've made this more complicated than it needs to be! :) 

With being lead booker you show the tickets on your phone, friends go in. Then you go in last 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Noodles said:

I don't really get what the problem is. I ordered tickets today, logged in to app straight away and they're there. Easy peasy. 

Well I don't intend to find out.

I stopped going when they started issuing those fangled printed paper tickets instead of a parchment scroll, handwritten in olde English with a proper quill pen ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, TINYS said:

Same here IF i go next year i,m buying tickets on the gate. I don't normally get stressed about much but this ticket farce has really got to me.

Why would you not get a ticket next year if you had problems sussing out the App this year? Next year it will be a doddle because you'll know how to do it.

14 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Why would you not get a ticket next year if you had problems sussing out the App this year? Next year it will be a doddle because you'll know how to do it.

Agree but didn’t help matters when “they” changed from the principality app to the see tickets app.

38 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I don't know how to do it someone done it for me, regardless why can't they just send the tickets through the post they must realise us oldies don't do APPS.

25 minutes ago, TINYS said:

I don't know how to do it someone done it for me, regardless why can't they just send the tickets through the post they must realise us oldies don't do APPS.

Not sure could be to do with costs ie cheaper than paper tickets and postage , also cuts down on touts getting tickets and fake tickets , however there will be still scams about selling fake apps/ ticketing I would imagine.

Got an email today from Discovery Events asking me if I was attending the SGP2 :unsure:

Also sorted my "app" ticket out... expecting a massive balls up trying to get in, gonna get there plenty early

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

Got an email today from Discovery Events asking me if I was attending the SGP2 :unsure:

Also sorted my "app" ticket out... expecting a massive balls up trying to get in, gonna get there plenty early

I got that message too - when I clicked the link to say yes, there was no acknowledgement. Did you have the same? 

15 minutes ago, glenantony said:

I got that message too - when I clicked the link to say yes, there was no acknowledgement. Did you have the same? 

I just got that message, same as you clicked yes but no acknowledgement etc.  GP tickets say we get entry to Sunday but with unreserved seats (stupid idea should have same seats) perhaps Seetickets are deciding whether it would be a good idea for us all to need another app to gain entry on Sunday (ha ha)

15 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

I just got that message, same as you clicked yes but no acknowledgement etc.  GP tickets say we get entry to Sunday but with unreserved seats (stupid idea should have same seats) perhaps Seetickets are deciding whether it would be a good idea for us all to need another app to gain entry on Sunday (ha ha)

If you think they are going to open up the whole stadium on Sunday then i suggest you are wrong.

• Like 1