British Speedway Forum

Sheffield vs Belle Vue 30/09/21 POSF 1st leg

16 hours ago, tyke said:

Dunno, but my local cricket club paid over £4k each for 3 covers and I think there about 8m Long by 4m wide. To cover only 1 wicket . V. Expensive kit

Problem isn't so much the covers, but also who is going to put them down and remove them at a moments notice. Speedway track staff are generally volunteers, are they supposed to be available 24/7 to be called upon?  Most of them have other jobs. And covering a complete track by hand with say 6 people?  No thanks, it would be hours of back breaking work. How many volunteers you gonna get for that?

6 minutes ago, wtf said:

Problem isn't so much the covers, but also who is going to put them down and remove them at a moments notice. Speedway track staff are generally volunteers, are they supposed to be available 24/7 to be called upon?  Most of them have other jobs. And covering a complete track by hand with say 6 people?  No thanks, it would be hours of back breaking work. How many volunteers you gonna get for that?

Exactly I’ve seen Vojens do it several times, they have team of about 20 guys and have to use forklifts to move the covers around as very heavy especially when wet.  Also the track has to be completely dry when the covers are put down, you can’t put them on an already damp track which it generally will be at this time of year as it makes it worst.

27 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Exactly I’ve seen Vojens do it several times, they have team of about 20 guys and have to use forklifts to move the covers around as very heavy especially when wet.  Also the track has to be completely dry when the covers are put down, you can’t put them on an already damp track which it generally will be at this time of year as it makes it worst.

Next season its compulsory to have track covers in Poland for extraliga so we can all see how they cope with them and learn how it's done?

5 minutes ago, acef said:

Don’t think enough has been said about that heat 13 incident. Holder was well out of order and from my angle it was deliberately done. He knew it straight away and went over to apologise to Dan.

Naughty move 

Did you notice after heat 1 when he passed Richie Worrall, Richie put his hand out to congratulate him and he ignored him and rode past. 

5 minutes ago, acef said:

Don’t think enough has been said about that heat 13 incident. Holder was well out of order and from my angle it was deliberately done. He knew it straight away and went over to apologise to Dan.

Naughty move 

certainly wasn’t purposeful. Looked like Bewley saw red light first, Holder didn’t and Dan wasn’t expecting him to dive up inside. They were laughing and joking in pits after 

Mention must be said of Tom Brennan’s ride in heat 12, I feel this gave the momentum for Belle Vue. He was all over Kyle Howarth, anyone who previously went wide into deep dirt got into trouble but he went wide round the outside of Howarth on final bend. 

Edited by Rob B

53 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Did you notice after heat 1 when he passed Richie Worrall, Richie put his hand out to congratulate him and he ignored him and rode past. 

Yes seen that. Also blanked him in the pits after as well 

4 minutes ago, acef said:

Yes seen that. Also blanked him in the pits after as well 

Might get a bit awkward at Poole then as the Holders are often in the pits last month or so and if Steve and Richie have talked about it! Depends how much it bothered Richie I suppose! He may not really care about it.

18 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Sensational performance from the  Aces, the team were well up for it tonight and that was the big difference.  On to Thursday and no chicken's being counted here.  

Ten points was exactly the same margin that Peterborough managed to beat us by at Owlerton a few weeks back.... but four days later we beat them by 12 on their own turf. It ain't over till the fat lady sings. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Ten points was exactly the same margin that Peterborough managed to beat us by at Owlerton a few weeks back.... but four days later we beat them by 12 on their own turf. It ain't over till the fat lady sings. 

Remember the score 3 weeks ago at NSS against Sheffield 54-36 :t:

2 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

I think it's fair to say they both can show a nasty streak when the mood takes them.

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Jack is definitely arrogant, but know way is Chris 

23 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

All the time he was at Poole, never saw Chris be nasty 

Chris has always seemed to be okay. The trouble with Jack (now this is just my opinion, I could be waaaaayyyyyyy off here!) is that Chris has done a lot for him from what others have said, whereas Chris prob had to do it for himself for when he came over. So I feel that Jack has been handed a lot of things on a plate. Plus Chris has always said publicly that Jack will be better than him (or words similar in interviews at Poole - would have been around 2014/2015 though). So maybe gone to his head a little bit. Just what I think though, I could be so far off with my thoughts!