British Speedway Forum

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

3 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Young Edwards put in a good shift.

Can agree with that - really unlucky to have a failure when he had done all the hard work.   Really enjoyed that stream and Bears Commentators kept the interest alive well.  Some excellent fast racing on a well prepared track.   All the Monarchs chipped in with vital points with possibly Drew Kemp and Josh Pickering stealing the show, but overall it was a solid team effort.   If we get racing like that in the home leg we will be happy.

• Like 1

Excellent performance from all the Monarchs. If Jason's bike hadn't packed up in heat 8, all 6 would have had at least one race win. Great racing on a great track with Josh, as usual, the stand-out. Drew Kemp brilliant. Bears definitely missed Palm Toft and the score would have been closer if he'd been there, but I still fancy Monarchs would've won.

Great to be able to watch it on the live stream even although there were a few issues with it. Now going to watch it back.

Went up to this meeting as my mate’s lad was riding in the 2nd half and gotta say Josh Pickering was sensational tonight, topped off by an unreal ride in heat 15. Was in the pits and thought he was coming to join us for a split second!!!

Some fantastic racing all night,  a great advert for the sport 

Edited by Bradford Ace
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

Went up to this meeting as my mate’s lad was riding in the 2nd half and gotta say Josh Pickering was sensational tonight, topped off by an unreal ride in heat 15. Was in the pits and thought he was coming to join us for a split second!!!

Josh Pickering is a class act. Watched him at Leicester this season and he just blew me away with his style and determination. 

Great rider to watch :t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

Have seen Pickering on several occasions this season on at least six different tracks and almost without fail he's been superb. Easily my rider of the season.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bradford Ace said:

Was outstanding at the EWR earlier in the season also! He’s had a great season tbf.

• Like 1