British Speedway Forum

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

1 hour ago, Berry9 said:

I think it's veiled threat 

Yes i realised that just thought Princess 1874 didn't warrant a serious response to it . I was surprised it wasn't followed up by "Ill see you after school or my dads bigger than your dad"  Threatening behaviour and bully boy behaviour has no place in speedway or society and im sure Edinburgh speedway would not wish to be associated with idiots like this. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Berry9 said:

OK fair point but I feel invested, it's as if the supporters don't matter remember what happened at B'ham when the BSPL ruled against Redcar?  Now MPT gets injured riding in the premiership in the week the average's  change and hey presto we can't use a guest!!  But Edinburgh can, they are kicking us when we are down and sticking g the knife in at the same time.  No doubt they will spring up on this thread if they beat a seriously depleted Bears team "Gloating" about how fantastic they performed in their rubbish stadium.  Fairness is surley not a lot to ask, what exactly is the point of the play offs if the rules allow for this situation?  

Berry9, I feel your pain. Losing MPT is a massive blow to your team. He is a brilliant rider who will be sadly missed. To us too as it is better to see balanced team, hence better speedway, win or lose.

if the shoe was on the other foot I know Redcar would’ve done the same. We are sticking to the rules and that doesn’t make us cheats.

You will be very welcome at Armadale if you do decide to come and we will be travelling on Sunday so hopefully the weather will behave

Jings, doing too many things at once, by the time I’d posted, the weather has won.

Edited by Gr8scot
Addition

2 minutes ago, northyorksbear said:

Well that resolves the immediate issues - I hope that Edinburgh play fair in the restaging and don't use these underhand tactics again - very Dick Dastardly like !! :D

and yes Blobby - you can play Muttley :rofl:

As in abiding by the rules like they had for the rained off match.

Will Edinburgh now declare Rowe fit again for Sunday. When they will have Kemp back and not Flint available at reserve (who could have taken 3 of Rowes 4 rides on Friday). I know its all within the rules but the stupid rule re rising stars is ridiculous. They should only be able to guest on their actual average not their star rating which was decided before the season started. All other riders have to use their current average when guesting. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Will Edinburgh now declare Rowe fit again for Sunday. When they will have Kemp back and not Flint available at reserve (who could have taken 3 of Rowes 4 rides on Friday). I know its all within the rules but the stupid rule re rising stars is ridiculous. They should only be able to guest on their actual average not their star rating which was decided before the season started. All other riders have to use their current average when guesting. 

Tend to agree but this has been rule ALL season.

3 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Been wrong all season. Should change to their actual average after to 4 home 4 away qualifying meetings.

They obviously don’t want to do it as it will raise problems for rising star gradings  next season.

13 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

They obviously don’t want to do it as it will raise problems for rising star gradings  next season.

They need to review a few things on the Rising Star system. However the likes of Leon Flint cannot be a rising star with an average over 6.

53 minutes ago, slyfox said:

They need to review a few things on the Rising Star system. However the likes of Leon Flint cannot be a rising star with an average over 6.

That's correct -- but it is Leon (and Jordan Palin's) successes that have proven the success of the RS concept.        Moving on, next year's crop (which will presumably exclude these guys, plus the ridiculous "RS" like Josh Bates, have targets to aim for.

No RS idea can be expected to create more than a couple of real "finds" in any one season -- on this basis, it has worked, and worked well in 2021.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

That's correct -- but it is Leon (and Jordan Palin's) successes that have proven the success of the RS concept.        Moving on, next year's crop (which will presumably exclude these guys, plus the ridiculous "RS" like Josh Bates, have targets to aim for.

No RS idea can be expected to create more than a couple of real "finds" in any one season -- on this basis, it has worked, and worked well in 2021.

But does Palin & Flint's improvement have anything to do with the "rising star" system! They were picked for their teams long before it was thought up & would have improved anyway!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Berry9 said:

OK fair point but I feel invested, it's as if the supporters don't matter remember what happened at B'ham when the BSPL ruled against Redcar?  Now MPT gets injured riding in the premiership in the week the average's  change and hey presto we can't use a guest!!  But Edinburgh can, they are kicking us when we are down and sticking g the knife in at the same time.  No doubt they will spring up on this thread if they beat a seriously depleted Bears team "Gloating" about how fantastic they performed in their rubbish stadium.  Fairness is surley not a lot to ask, what exactly is the point of the play offs if the rules allow for this situation?  

Those are the rules that have been in place all year for every team!