British Speedway Forum

Play off Q/F Edinburgh v Redcar Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

5 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Well done. We’re you guesting for Redcar?

Thank you very much. Yeah something like that!

It's been an incredible amount of fun to be a part of this project and the guys involved have put in hours and hours to get to this point. 

17 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Will imagine QTV will pay likes of Craigan a fair whack.

You have to remember that Stephen is a Glasgow fan and that when the speedway clashed with his football commitments he chose the football, hence the need for stand-ins like Phil. This would suggest that his football work is more lucrative than the speedway. I would imagine that Michael, being a co-promoter, and Phil who is at Glasgow every week, would have done it for nothing or perhaps for a free pie and soft drink :lol:

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

You have to remember that Stephen is a Glasgow fan and that when the speedway clashed with his football commitments he chose the football, hence the need for stand-ins like Phil. This would suggest that his football work is more lucrative than the speedway. I would imagine that Michael, being a co-promoter, and Phil who is at Glasgow every week, would have done it for nothing or perhaps for a free pie and soft drink :lol:

I rather think Michael gets more than one pie..........

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2021 at 11:02 AM, Fromafar said:

Have to say streaming is the way forward in the Sport .IMO.

Agree, great for away supporters who have to far to travel,so far I've watched streams from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Poole and Redcar all very good, doesn't make up for being trackside but a great alternative,instead of looking at updates.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 10:32 PM, crescent girl said:

That's correct -- but it is Leon (and Jordan Palin's) successes that have proven the success of the RS concept.        Moving on, next year's crop (which will presumably exclude these guys, plus the ridiculous "RS" like Josh Bates, have targets to aim for.

No RS idea can be expected to create more than a couple of real "finds" in any one season -- on this basis, it has worked, and worked well in 2021.

Add D Thompson in with these 2 plus you can replace a RS with another equal or lower on the RS grading BUT ALSO equal or lower in average than the rider they are replacing.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 6:24 PM, Jaizer said:

Tbh there's no reason Glasgow and I assume Leicester can't ride any night now as should have unlimited access and don't think any other countries are daft enough to be attempting seasons most important meetings in October!!!

Sweden have just had their Elite Final Meetings Tuesday & (cough, cough) Wednesday this week!

• Thanks 1