British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2022

Flappy

9 hours ago, noaksey said:

Farm machinery, equipment and tools due to the "sale of the Peterborough showground"

Nothing speedway related I could see but only glanced at a very long list 

It's not so much the auction of equipment but the reason the sale of the showground & what that means for those who use it.

The Speedway equipment might not be listed, it might not belong to the showground but the equipment is no use if the track is unavailable.

I guess it depends on the terms of the lease the speedway has and if  it's expired or not regarding next season.

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It's not so much the auction of equipment but the reason the sale of the showground & what that means for those who use it.

The Speedway equipment might not be listed, it might not belong to the showground but the equipment is no use if the track is unavailable.

I guess it depends on the terms of the lease the speedway has and if  it's expired or not regarding next season.

I think we were aware of the Showground sale or potential sale. I recall some fairly recent posts on the subject of master plan/planning applications for the site.

Big Cat will undoubtedly know more than me 

On 11/5/2021 at 8:56 AM, bigcatdiary said:

All the speedway owned equipment is in the speedway compound.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more comment on this. I know we'll just have to wait and see and that there's no point speculating, but the sale of all those tractors and the haste for the items to be removed from the Showground looks very worrying to me. 

5 hours ago, jeff said:

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more comment on this. I know we'll just have to wait and see and that there's no point speculating, but the sale of all those tractors and the haste for the items to be removed from the Showground looks very worrying to me. 

All the equipment sold belongs to the outgoing  SHOWGROUND owners, all the speedway tractors and track equipment is in the speedway compound or at Lynn under the control of Buster Chapman.

The new Showground owners declined to buy the existing equipment so it’s been sold.

It doesn’t affect the speedway at all.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

How about? (2021 team building rules)

Peterborough
Michael P Toft 7.17
Ulrich Ostergaard 7.09
Hans Andersen 7.05
Scott Nicholls 6.54
Paul Starke 4.48
Jordan Palin 3.00
Drew Kemp 4*
Total 35.33

Would rather not personally. 

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Erik Riss in for Chris Harris if Oxford run in the Premiership.

Think many people have heard this.Its now confirmed he isn't going to be at Lynn next season.He is likely to be at the Panthers unsure who be will replace though.

36 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Think many people have heard this.Its now confirmed he isn't going to be at Lynn next season.He is likely to be at the Panthers unsure who be will replace though.

Hardly an adequate  replacement for Harris.