British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2022

Flappy

38 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Harris is in fine form, MPT is a far better rider for Panthers than anywhere else and Andersen has started very slowly

Wonder if this season might be Hans last especially in the UK ,he just seems to be going down the slippery Crump slope , hes not started the season well for either club he's riding for so far .

30 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Wonder if this season might be Hans last especially in the UK ,he just seems to be going down the slippery Crump slope , hes not started the season well for either club he's riding for so far .

That crash at Belle Vue in the final may have been one too many 

12 hours ago, Flappy said:

That crash at Belle Vue in the final may have been one too many 

Nah, Hans will be back, not to his best because those days are long gone, he has had many worse crashes than the one at Belle Vue but it takes time to get your confidence back and the older you are the more time it takes. Ulrich maybe might take a while too. You have to be patient, it's early in the season. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I hope so, Andersen more than Ostergaard is a Peterborough legend and performed at the top level.

Hans is a Pirate legend too and personally have always liked him, he got some stick after 2004 world cup but  Sweden would have won anyway in my opinion, still the best meeting I have ever seen at Wimborne Road, he wears his heart on his sleeve and always gives everything. 

On 3/28/2022 at 9:07 AM, Mimmo said:

My wife and I used to come to Peterborough a lot even though we live the other side of King's Lynn, and that was made possible because she had a Blue Badge, and we could bring the car into the stadium.

Sadly, she died a few weeks ago, so the Blue Badge had to be handed back to the authorities.  But as I'm now very lonely, I thought I will still have some evenings at Peterborough, and did so yesterday.  However, I'm 78-years old. Diabetic which has resulted in me being in severe pain in walking in my legs & feet, not to mention unsteady, and I'm asthmatic, which leaves me out of puff, so with much regret, I will have to discontinue my visits.
The walk from the car park to the grandstand, is about a hundred steps or more to much for me now, and I realise that I'm probably not the only one like that.

So I wish the Panthers all the best for the 2022 season, apart from when you race against King's Lynn..LOL.  Enjoy watching the racing on one of the best circuits in the country, and just wish that I could be there from time to time.

Good Luck to you all. 

Sorry to hear about your wife.

With that tale of the obstacles to entry, that sounds like you should have a blue badge also.

50 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Sorry to hear about your wife.

With that tale of the obstacles to entry, that sounds like you should have a blue badge also.

Seriously suggest you apply for a Blue Badge.

54 minutes ago, Flappy said:

All the panthers went well in the championship today. 

Sad to see what's happening to BWD at Newcastle appears to be struggling badly and injured his shoulder again 

Scott slightly below par at Poole I would say. Normally good for 12ish points. Don't normally see him get 5-1'd once let alone twice!! 

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Scott slightly below par at Poole I would say. Normally good for 12ish points. Don't normally see him get 5-1'd once let alone twice!! 

When he gets to Batchelor's level its a concern for Peterborough but not until then

Championship is the haves and have nots league now run by 2 or maybe 3 clubs the rest are there to make up the numbers so the league can run !!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Flappy said:

All the panthers went well in the championship today. 

Sad to see what's happening to BWD at Newcastle appears to be struggling badly and injured his shoulder again 

Hopefully both Ulrich and Jordan will carry there performances onto Monday 

Think BWD will quit and return home 

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

When he gets to Batchelor's level its a concern for Peterborough but not until then

Championship is the haves and have nots league now run by 2 or maybe 3 clubs the rest are there to make up the numbers so the league can run !!!!

Bit ironic when you have less teams!! Bates wants 8 next season and 10 the season after. Not sure he is gonna get that tbh.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Bit ironic when you have less teams!! Bates wants 8 next season and 10 the season after. Not sure he is gonna get that tbh.

Even more ironic that the historic No1 "have team" had to drop down to stay as a big fish rather than risk regression to a minnow.....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Even more ironic that the historic No1 "have team" had to drop down to stay as a big fish rather than risk regression to a minnow.....

Umm, Poole won it last in 2018 no? So no danger of being a minnow. Maybe Ippo are okay with losses but Poole wanted to cut costs and increase the crowds, which has worked by dropping down. Stadium very full yesterday about 2,500- 3k I'd say. In 2018/2019 prob only got that for a final.