British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2022

Flappy

Solid side which will be capable of winning anywhere on their day however lightning rarely strikes twice and you would expect a couple to drop next season rather than improve.

As good a signing Basso appears to be you would not expect him to rise to a 7 pt figure so the magic ingredients is not there...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

I'm feeling underwhelmed. 

Second season syndrome and no real improvements there barring Basso and Palin.

There to be shot at now as reigning champions and expect some wont be happy,  but at least they have been loyal to the 6 who made 2021 such a memorable season for all Panthers fans 

• Like 3

We've got nothing to worry about.

Ipswich are awful with half a team arriving on the back of an awful season. They've blew the entire budget on Doyle as it's looking like Batchelor and Riss now.

Wolves are going with two rising stars basically with S. Worrall in the 1-5.

KL have journey men and Kildemand who's on a steep decline.

We're on par with Sheffield 

MPT, Nicholls, Harris and Hans is just as strong as J. Holder, Musielak, Ellis & Howarth

Ostergaard and Cook are the risks.

Nothing to split the reserves as Basso is on a false average due to him not completing enough meetings for Poole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

No,, come on let's be serious,,, Panthers were fantastic last season,,, nearly all your riders are going to take a hit on their averages with the likes of Doyle back

I am being serious. We were title favourites before a wheel was turned last year in my eyes. I was that confident I was even bragging about our win in May.

One rider per team isn't going to make much of a difference tbh if they've got to ride in a bang average team that offers no support like Ipswich (Not having a dig)

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Wow,,,, can see you going from Champions to wooden Spooners,,, it's your turn to battle Kings Lynn for it 

I made a bold prediction last year that we were a top 6 side and was proved to be correct so I will say the same again this year.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

I wouldn't of signed Ostergaard and reading the article he's still not able to train, I can see why they did but feel it's a gamble too far. 

Sentiment signing tbh. 

Ully can ride his way back to fitness throughout the season tbf. Play-Offs are not in doubt for us looking at other teams 1-7's so we'll be able to afford a few losses during the regular campaign.

The big question mark about this team is can they maintain or improve their averages.  If they can, they could be contenders.  However, with Ulrich on an inflated average - they definitely don’t look as good a team (on paper) as the one Sheffield announced.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I wouldn't of signed Ostergaard and reading the article he's still not able to train, I can see why they did but feel it's a gamble too far. 

If I remember correctly you did not want him last year either but proved to be a winner. I am sure he will have to prove his fitness before a wheel is turned.

4 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

If I remember correctly you did not want him last year either but proved to be a winner. I am sure he will have to prove his fitness before a wheel is turned.

Correct I wouldn't have signed him last year but was proved wrong.  Hope he does so again 

1 minute ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Hes got around 3 months to get back to fitness, if hes not on track with his training programme then they have the option to bring in someone else, giving him a spot is incentive for Ulrich to achieve full fitness and shows the management are prepared to reward him for his 2021 efforts

• Like 2